Two Siberians

Mocika

Root Of All Evil
Jun 9, 2002
Tent No. 1
www.heavymetal.hu
I was listening my non-metal cds today and I found `Two Siberians - Out of the woods`. I really don`t know which category to put them into so I started a new thread.:) I wonder if anybody elso knows them?

Here is their description/story written in the booklet:
Gangsters, models, filmmakers, nouveau/beatniks and other assorted characters were in attendnce at a recent gallery-opening in Moscow. Two Siberians, a violinist and guitarist, were asked to provide background music for the occasion. As soon as they started playing, conversations ground to a halt. This was not background music.

The crwod was mesmerized.

The Siberians are from Irkutsk, a small city north f Monglia - a half dozen time zones east of Moscow. They recently surprised and American acquaintance (who they met at the Moscow gig) with the following news:"We just arrived at Kennedy Airport ... we arrive to our dream to play music in America."

Yuri Matveyev and Artjom Yakushenko conjure music that is unlike any other. Spirited, lyrical, origianl... and powerful, it`s a sound that is uniquely their own.

Here is a work in progress, as these Two Siberians make their own way `Out of the Woods`.