Tygers Album (off topic)

King Tuskis

Sculpted by the NWOBHM
Oct 12, 2005
Delaware, USA
This is non-Saxon related, but I figured someone here would be knowledgeable on the subject.

I am looking for Tygers of Pan Tang 'Spellbound' on CD. I know it was released once, but I am having trouble finding it. They have used copies on Amazon (for a lot of dough)

Anyone know of a good place to check. Looking for a new CD if possible.

Thanks in advance.

I gotta agree with there Pax.Although i alway prfered The Cage for some reason.I don't know why it's a lot comercial.As for buying on cd i think you can get from the Tygers web site.

You can get many of their albums from their web site, but they don't have spellbound. There is always 1 CD on Ebay, and I always lose the bidding war.

I might just get the LP and transfer it to CD. (can get the record pretty easy on Ebay)

Thanks for your help.

Cheers

Spellbound rocks, I had a wee blast of that a few weeks ago. Tremendous stuff. Saw them a couple of times as well, saw them at Reading Festival and they were brill and also a double header of TOPT with Praying Mantis - that was mighty delicious.

Until you can obtain an original copy of the album ;) have you tried any of the p2p programs or better still Bitorrent ?

I found this, if you scroll down a little and click show all files you will see that the spellbound album is there.. http://www.torrentspy.com/directory.asp?mode=torrentdetails&id=409754&query=tygers+of+pan+tang
Problem is there doesnt appear to be any seeders, although stats for older torrents on TS are usually not accurate. If no seed shows up you could always post a comment and request one perhaps?

That actual torrent is being tracked by piratebay and it is showing 5 leechers btw.

Or i noticed something on ebay called "want it now" where you make a post requesting something, ive never tried it myself....I cant see somthing like that working very well though but you never know!

Valanx,
Thanks for your help. I've managed to find some of the songs on P2P. I haven't tried getting the whole album. (I will try eDon or BT) Sound isn't the best for what I got, like 128k.
I knew a guy in college that had a Japanese pressing of spellbound, which sounded pretty good. (sometimes older CDs don't have a very good sound)

Anyway problem solved.
I bought the vinyl, and am going to transfer it to CD.

King Tuskis said:
Anyway problem solved.
I bought the vinyl, and am going to transfer it to CD.

Cool!

I have lots of vinyl, some that would be hard to find i imagine...just a shame i have no record player anymore to do the same thing!