UAD announces Neve 33609 Bus Compressor plugin

black sugar said:
One stereo instance takes 70% of a card at 44.1k?! :loco:
Holy sh*t !!! How good is the Neve 1073 EQ plugin ? I'm considering buying an UAD-1e to put on the Mac (and maybe sell my UAD-1) and getting some extra plugs. I already have the Cambridge EQ which I love and love the Pultec one as well, how different is the Neve one ? Owning Cambridge and Pultec, would the 1073 be interesting at all (considering it's pretty expensive : $250) ?

Brett - K A L I S I A said:
Holy sh*t !!! How good is the Neve 1073 EQ plugin ? I'm considering buying an UAD-1e to put on the Mac (and maybe sell my UAD-1) and getting some extra plugs. I already have the Cambridge EQ which I love and love the Pultec one as well, how different is the Neve one ? Owning Cambridge and Pultec, would the 1073 be interesting at all (considering it's pretty expensive : $250) ?

Brett,

The 1073 is fantastic. I have the Cambridge, Pultec Pro, and the Sony Oxford EQ's and I use the 1073 all the time. Shit, I don't even use the Cambridge or Pultec Pro anymore.

The 1073 is the first digital EQ that I feel is really great for boosting high end. It's magic on guitars, snare, and drum buss when magic is needed.

:worship:

I'll be interested in the PowerCore :D

How do you like the PowerCore btw? And what all do you have for it (plugs)?

~e.a

The Powercore is very nice, I bought it because I needed more power on the PC, but now that I have a Quad G5 it's not that necessary anymore... I have the usual included plugs on it. But I find myself not using it much besides the MasterX3 which is a virtual Finalizer, the Dynamic EQ (which is a kind of C4, very good, I did some tests and posted them here a while back) and the VoiceStrip so I'd better get some money from it I guess.