Poking Holes in High-Gain Guitars - Case-in-Point Tutorial

Very nice! Good to know I'm not the only one who has to stick 2-3 eq's on a guitar bus to try and get it to do what I want. Great job!

Really interesting read, but just for add a quick note about one thing.

If the compressor had a stereo 'unlink' function, it would make for a great day-to-day guitar bus compressor.

In cubase, because plugin can be use in dual mono in PT.
But I'm sure you already know it;)

On the current EP I'm mixing, I've had to destroy the mids on the guitar tone with extreme's such as yours. It's good to know that my ears weren't just crazy, lol. Cool stuff!

Have you tried to boost at 1600Hz instead, that seems to be the only frequency left. ;)

I get exhausted by just looking at the (almost complete) signal chain.

Just curious, but are you doing all this processing in the mix, or is any of it in solo?

EDIT***

Also this makes me feel alot better about how much "work" I gotta do with guitars. Glad to know other people do have to EQ like crazy sometimes too.

I'm constantly switching between mix and solo while EQing.

It's interesting that many of you find this to be a lot of processing on guitars. It's only a fraction of what I have to do on most projects.

any chance of posting the the proccessed and un-processed tracks soloed?
will be glad

^ Probably would be a bad comparison, I think a lot of guitar EQing is really about getting the gunk that collides with other stuff out the way, and that does make the guitars sound thinner soloed against the original even if they are much more rounded.

At the end of the day its about getting them to work in the mix anyway. The solo button is a bit of a devil in that regard because using it just makes you concentrate on single elements and disregard the whole picture.

but how about all the times your hear the guitar soloed in a mix? in break or intros.. are they using another eq for that?

Mikaël-ange;10191354 said:
Really interesting read, but just for add a quick note about one thing.

In cubase, because plugin can be use in dual mono in PT.
But I'm sure you already know it;)

Can also be used dual mono in Cubase. I like it for using C4 multiband.

Ermz... is this like, worst case scenario for you? Or do you find yourself EQing like this all the time? I'm trying to figure out whether this was due to bad recordings on the bands part, or if it's your general thing that you do? I've never EQ'd on guitars this much personally.