UDO as opener for the US tour

S

SMA81672

Even though UDO has hit the US to support 'Holy' (an excellent CD BTW), he is coming back for the opening slot on the Saxon tour. What a bill!!!! I just hope they come to Rhode Island......

Yeah!!! And I am hoping that the tour stops in New Jersey. preferably the Birch Hill in Old Bridge.

I wonder if UDO will do any ACCEPT tunes? I am a huge ACCEPT fan!

I really can't wait to found out about the dates on this tour! And with UDO on board, I am dying to know what the deal is!!!

Well this is part 2 of the UDO tour. They were here in the states in June. it's not surprising if you didn't hear about it... promotion was non-existent. I don't work on my page anymore, but you can still go there and check out the old dates for that page (news), and also check out the Tour 2000 page. I went to 3 shows and I wrote sort of like diary entries for everything that happened to me those 3 days with "reviews" if you will mixed in, and also the setlist and a couple pics (it's more info that's on the official site! which is pathetic). Also I'm trying to think this over in my head and I really think that this tour with Saxon may turn out to be more like a co-headline tour... but that's just a guess. I don't know if I would like to think of UDO as an "opener". I would guess the tour would just be those two bands and both playing around an equal length set.

As for states you guys mentioned... UDO played West Warwick, RI back on 6/1 and Old Bridge, NJ on the 4th.

Also I'd like to mention that I like this board and how it is incorporated in the site. This is the first ezboard I've seen like this. I have an ezboard too. Even if I was still working on the page, I wouldn't have the coding skills to do something like this.

You better believe I will witness one of these two shows in New England- probably attending the RI show on 10/28 the Saturday instead of the Sunday show because I have to work. I've been waiting to see Saxon all of my life, and U.D.O. was awesome with Raven at the Station in June. One of the best shows of the year in my opinion along with Powermad Festival 2000. At the latter show I got to see Raven again, Jag Panzer, Attacker and October 31 over the course of the 3 day weekend (with other traditional/power/progressive metal bands)...

Anyone who loves older metal and wants to talk about Saxon, U.D.O., Raven or thousands of other 80's oriented metal acts, email me at: SnakePitMagazine@aol.com and we shall chat...

Matt

NP:Crimson Glory-Transcendence

www.truemetal.org/snakepit