West Warwick, RI show

S

SMA81672

Halloween night and Saxon and UDO rocked The Station in West Warwick last night. I have reviewed the show for my Saxon maiing list Wheels-Of-Steel@onelist.com (shameless plug!!) as well as some news letters. I will post a review in the Gig Reviews but I am going to tell everyone here.....Go to the show, don't miss it. 2 hours and 20 mins or so, maybe even 2 1/2 hours, 2 guitar solos, drum solo, 20+ songs that included a triple encore wherein the 3rd encore was requests from the audience. Awesome show, get to the venues early because the members of both bands were hanging out at the bar, talking w/fans, taking pics and giving autographs. A great time was had by all 250 or so of us last night, as well as, the bands had a blast. BTW, no offense to UDO but this is no co-headline tour, UDO played about 45 mins and only 7 songs compared to Saxon's long set.

must have been something special this night...
on other reviews from other gigs I read UDO played as long as Saxon or even longer... I think UDO wouldn't let him down to play as few as "7!!!" songs if it wasn't any special reason behind it... just think he just played the States on his own headline tour... btw Saxon and UDO are my two favorite bands and I'll support them til I die!!!

I agree with the rock star... if you attended every show and told me that, OK..... but this is just one show we're talking about. UDO may have felt tired that night and Saxon full of energy...who's to say. Maybe the next night UDO played a 4 hour set and Saxon 20 minutes?

Just for the record, I am a big Accept/UDO fan and I was disappointed that UDO didn't play longer. Fortunately, I was lucky to briefly speak w/Udo and he said that the 1st couple of shows had gone well and was looking forward to hitting The Station's stage again. He mentioned the excellent response he got on his previous tour and how he was glad to hit the US again. As to why the set was short, no idea....my 1st impression is that Saxon is the true headliner, either way I was psyched to have met and seen both bands live....

I know Saxon is #1 headliner and U.D.O. #2 headliner this tour... but I also know he played longer sets on other gigs... I've seen both bands live many times, and I am jellous that this package will not hit Europe...

what about Saxon, how does the new drummer Fritz Randow do??? Unfortunately I missed to see the with Fritz, but I think there will be more chances for me

I was at the opening night show in Virginia. UDO played just as long or longer than SAXON. Both bands kicked some major ass. The show started around 9:30pm and when SAXON finished up their set it was 2:00am. About 30 or so of us waiting at the back door and got to go on the tour bus three at a time to meet SAXON. They were so cool and friendly. They posed for pics and signed anything we had. I've been a SAXON fan for 20 years and this was the first time I saw them live.
It was a great show !!!!!