Fire@Great White show , several people dead...

Man, this is so unreal....the show was actually filmed and you now have footage of how the disaster started..

Just seen Jack Russell cry in an interview, unbelievably shocking all this..

39 people dead is the last figured that came over the news...Mark Kendall is still missing and is probably among the dead!!!

The missing guitarist is apparently not Mark Kendall but Ty Longley...sat with him for a few Minutes after the Munich 2001 show on the side of the venue together with Russell and Matthew...I cannot believe he's among the victims...He was especially kind and nice and we exchanged addresses and email addy and I promised him to show him around next time he's in Munich since he was kind'o sad that he didn't get to see anything of the city back then...He was so much younger than myself and was one of the nicest and most unspoiled persons I had ever the pleasure to meet....

What a nightmare...I hope he's among the persons that got hospitalised..

My thoughts and prayers are with the people that lost their lives while seeing one of the all time greatest rock'n roll bands doing their very last gig.

Peace,

Karsten

When things like this happen I always go abit cold.It could have been anywhere. It could have been the Astoria the other week.Makes you thik don't it? I was at Donnington when those two lads got crushed when I got home and read it the papers it just made me think.My thoughts go out to all the people who be affected by these death in the states.

Yes it certainly DOES makes you think Wilks...when you think, those people went for a great night out, not knowing they'd never return home...it's frightening and very sad :(

Nickelback had fireworks, etc at their gigs...and I took my 9 year old son to that - lucky for us that nothing went wrong...

Prayers go out to a loyal Saxon fan,Jeff.He was at the Great White show and is listed among the missing.Jeff travelled to see Saxon in Germany,Brussells,Paris and London from the states on their most recent tour.I don't know if anyone here got to meet him,but he is a hell of a guy and one hell of a Saxon fan.Come home Jeff!!!!!!!!!

Hello everyone,

Yeah, I live in Warren, which is roughly a 25-minute drive from West Warwick, where the Station incident happened. Saw Saxon there in 2000 (see my opinion on it in the Reviews section). That was my favorite club in the area, and I met some wonderful people there. I don't know who was in there, so far I haven't heard about anyone I know being trapped in there, but I'm still kind of worried about that. Rhode Island is a very tightly knit community where everybody seems to know everybody directly or indirectly. My band will probably be posting some sort of tribute on our site (www.azmodius.com) in the next few days. What else can I say? Truly a monumental trgedy.

I think I might have met him here in Munich four weeks ago....Told us he saw Saxon 6 times in the US back in 2002, apparently flew all over the US to get to the shows. He bumped into Doug and myself before the Munich show...

If it was him, let's hope he's safe!

SaxonFan mentioned in a previous thread that his friend "Jeff" was at the Great White show in Warwick, RI. I am a work colleague of Jeff's, as well as a good friend.

I am sorry to say that Jeff Martin has been identified as one of the victims who perished at the show that night.

Jeff was a huge fan of music, with a passion for metal. Saxon was, by far, his favorite band. As SaxonFan has mentioned, Jeff has attended many Saxon shows in Europe (as recently as January 03') and in the U.S., too. He was frequently on the band's guess list. Jeff has shared many great stories with his friends back home about his trips to see Saxon. He also has maintained a large collection of photographs of his trips to see the band, and he showed them proudly.

Jeff was a very charismatic and funny individual who could entertain you all night with his stories and mannerisms. He was also a walking encyclopedia of heavy metal knowledge.

Jeff Martin will be greatly missed by all his friends and work colleagues. His memory will live on forever.

On behalf of all of Jeff Martin's work colleagues and friends, we'd like to express our deepest condolences to Jeff's family, and to all the victims, friends, and families who were affected in some way by this tragic event in Warwick, RI.

R.I.P. Jeff....

I also lost a fellow taping friend that very night.His fiancee wrote me an email monday saying she wanted to inform me about this...We met in 2000 at the Poison/Cinderella/Dokken/Slaughter show in Hartford and a few days later at the PNC Arts Center in New Jersey for Jimmy Page and the Black Crowes.
He helped me get my taping gear through the doors at both shows and we had a great time after the shows.We traded many, many shows in the past 2 1/2 years ever since.....if you own a recording from some metal artist from somewhere in New England region from the past 10 years, pretty likely he taped it.
He was also as much into Great White than myself and he also liked Saxon a lot...but his favourite artists were UFO and the Scorpions.

He was a fabulous guy and this was gonna be his big year 2003..He was to marry a wonderful girl soon and just a few weeks back bought a house for him and his loved one..

R.I.P. Matthew Pickett ...you are dearly and deeply missed!!!!