Uh oh, we're getting a second guitarist..and this doesn't bode well for my bass.

Firedwarf

sock puppet
Oct 14, 2002
Michigan
Visit site
(first, hi. :p)

Secondly! Our band is finally getting a second guitarist. Which is fine and dandy, I guess.. but I'm afraid that my bass lines will be reduced to one note shit with the second guitarist.

Somebody tell me I'm being irrational. Please. :p

Megadeth has 2 guitarist and a sickening bassist. Key thing is, make sure you put your 2 cents in all the time. If you just go with the flow your gonna be reduced to playing a shitty one note bass line.

my band has 3 guitarists, we're a technical melodic death metal band. and everyone seems to be giving the bassist shit-all to do. so i decided to help my bassist to come up with awesome basslines, even though i'm the 2nd lead gutiarist and soloist. and he seems a little happier now rather than playing the same single note bass line.

Actually, adding a second guitarist to your lineup will give you MORE freedom and allow you to go off and do different stuff....

Create some interesting harmonies... add in more bass fills, you can change the whole feel or groove of the song by changing the bass line.

Have fun with it. :)

You probably should not look at it that way, with 2 guitars, the whole band will sound more powerful and interesting. In my band there are 2 guitar players, and I still have a lot of space for my own instrument. Also, there are many bands with 2 or even 3 guitar players (Iron Maiden, Death(R.I.P.), Helloween, and many, many more), and their bass guitar players are kickin' ass. Although, there are many bands with only 1 guitar player and their bass guitar players really suck... :):):):):):)
After all, You are a band, and the whole band is in the first place, so You should try to make the music and the songs that will sound awesome, and if You're a great bass player, Your instrument will never be in the second, third, or the fourth place...