UK gigs in november/october

Smudgee

New Metal Member
Mar 26, 2011
Im going to the Sheffield gig in November, anybody else going to any of the UK ones?

I MIGHT.
Havent really planned anythign yet though due to the fact I have to wait and see my university schedule and my bank account, so... :/

I'll be in Canada from September until next year X(

Reading is only like 30 minutes away from me too =(

(Hint for Turisas: Play in Edmonton, Alberta, Canada within the next 12 months).

I'll be at their gigs with bells on. Both figuratively and literally :p
I'll go to at least one of their gigs while they're in England, but where I go is dependent on where I go to University, which I won't know until mid August.
If all goes well, and I have enough money, I'll be at Brighton, Reading, Southampton and possibly wolverhampton. I'll definitely be at Heidenfest in London as well.

I'll be at the Newcastle gig, Bristol's a possibility too since my folks live there and I can stay overnight :)
And maybe the Wolves one too if I can drag friends from there along. Haha, and maybe Sheffield....ah hell, why not the lot?!

I would love to go to Heidenfest but I hate London with a vengeance and will never be seen again if I go there. :Shedevil:

Supporting bands for Turisas’ UK headline dates: Chthonic (TW) and Kiuas (FIN)

We are pleased to announce the support bands for the upcoming UK headline tour, which will start on 27 October 2011.

Violinist OLLI VÄNSKÄ: “We’re glad to be able to announce what we feel is a really strong support package for the UK shows – both bands have been to the UK before but probably haven’t yet had the exposure they deserve – we’ll try to change that! Make sure you get down to the shows early to experience something a little bit different!”

The support bands will be cult Taiwanese metallers CHTHONIC, plus fellow Finns KIUAS. The tour consists of 17 dates, including 2 co-headline gigs with Devin Townsend Project and appearance at Leeds’ Damnation Festival. The dates on the tour are as follows:

(NB Please remember that neither Chthonic nor Kiuas will be appearing with us at Leeds Damnation Festival, or the Belfast and Dublin shows – but please check locally for details nearer the time, in case this changes)

TURISAS “STAND UP AND FIGHT” UK TOUR

27.10. – Brighton Concorde 2

28.10. – Bristol O2 Academy 2

29.10. – Plymouth White Rabbit

31.10. – Norwich Waterfront

02.11. – Newcastle Northumbria Uni
03.11. – Glasgow Garage
 (*changed date*)

04.11. – Wolverhampton Wulfrun Hall

05.11. – Leeds (Damnation Festival)

07.11. – Belfast Limelight (co-headline with Devin Townsend)

08.11. – Dublin Whelans (co-headline with Devin Townsend)

09.11. – Wrexham Central Station

10.11. – Sheffield Corporation

12.11. – Cardiff University SU, The Great Hall 2

13.11. – Reading Sub 89

15.11. – Southampton Uni Garden Court

16.11. – Leicester Sub 91

17.11. – Manchester Academy 3

In addition to this UK tour, Turisas headlines a show in London already on 11 October: the band is playing at HMV Forum on “Heidenfest” package tour along with Finntroll, Alestorm, Arkona and others.

www.turisas.com
www.chthonic.org
www.kiuas.net

This is great, I love Kiuas but never seem to manage to find any tour dates in England, and to be able to see them supporting Turisas? That's brilliant!

I've got tickets to the Dublin gig, Nov 8th! And the very next day, Nov 9th, Manowar will be performing in the exact same club, and I happen to have tickets to that one too! I've seen them live only once, the last time they were in Helsinki, it was the year 2004 or something, so I can't wait... Besides, the same warrior outfit is totally suitable for both gigs - in case there's still something left of it after the first one!

But let me just say: it's going to be a hell of a November! :headbang:

I dedcided that I will not be going to any of the UK gigs - unless I find a sponsor for the flights.
Otherwise: no, I need to set priorities atm *sighs*