ULI JON ROTH AND FRIENDS

kittybeast

Apr 20, 2004
Always Somewhere!
I spent a week doing his Sky Academy and the CA shows and it was truly amazing!! Uli hit the East Coast this weekend and has a few shows that you should not miss.

Oct 7 2008 8:00P THE RAM’S HEAD ANNAPOLIS, Maryland
Oct 9 2008 8:00P JAXX SPRINGFIELD, Virginia
Oct 10 2008 8:00P JIGSAW SALOON CLEVELAND, Ohio
Oct 11 2008 8:00P BB KING’S NEW YORK, New York

Liz Vandal, Mark Boals on Vocals and maybe some special guests, I know Chris Caffery is scheduled but I don't know which show.

Here's the set list from the Friday night show at the Brixton in CA
Sky Overture
Land of Dawn
The Magic word---change to Mighty Wing
Letter of the Law (new hard n heavy song!) change back to Emperor
Stay in the Light
Tanz in die Dammerung
Keyboard and Bass solo (if this isn't played then they play HIROSHIMA)
Sail of Charon
Polar Nights
Dark Lady
Ben, Arlene and Brian doing a Flametal tune with Uli improvising http://www.flametal.com/ a mix of metal and flamenco very enjoyable check them out.
Pictured Life
Catch your Train
Mistreated w/Doug
Spanish Castle Magic w/Doug
White Room - Don Dokken
Little Wing - Don Dokken
was to be Knocking on heaven's door- but no show players
We'll burn the sky w/ Warren Di Martini
In Trance w/ Warren Di Martini
All along the watchtower
Hey Baby
Atlantis (not done- cut for timing)
Fly to the Rainbow
Life's like a river (not played no time)
Sunshine of your love (I think it was cut)

They did play Dark Lady and Life's like a river on Sat. and Sun. night:headbang:
Enjoy the shows and if you talk to anyone tell them Kittybeast says hello:p

Saw him last night in Maryland. Pretty sparse turnout... less then 100 people and the club was only half full, but he still played for nearly 3 hours & put on a great show.

Glad to hear you enjoyed the show. I pushed flyers and emails like crazy for the CA shows, we had some great turnouts. full or half full they give one hell of show!! I hope for a great Jaxx turn out.:headbang:

Good for you for getting involved with this-- I heard about the show through the keyboardist who also plays in Mob Rules-- Ulis new material is really good-- I was blown away by the set--

well at least you went! I hope to make it to a future BARfest...damn you're just up the road a few hundred miles...

Tonight is the last US show for Uli then he's off to England...has a few dates as a guest of Scorpions then more shows across EU then off to Greece.