Ultimate Gift Question?

M

MrAnnieHaslam

Was there something tied to Acquaintance b/c of the reprised line
I could dance with you on ice, make love by candlelight. And we could talk..we could share eachothers pain
?

I think The Police and/or Sting did something similar ala a line from Every Little Thing She Does Is Magic Sting sang fading out of another song on a different album.

Actually Sting seems to work in some old phrase into most of his albums...and I have always dug that. There is sort of a tie as they are both love songs written by Doug.....when we were recording it we needed to do something with the outro and were going to pull lines from within the song but the Aquaintance lyrics just seemed like a good fit both sonically and thematically.

Yes Ted it was a good fit both sonically and thematically.
It was also a great idea! that works big time!

Although most importantly like the rest of the song you sang your ass off and Doug put it all out there heart and soul! Some of the best work you two have ever done together in the studio! One of my all time favorites for sure!

Doug can probably answer this one best since the source of inspiration for these two is about the best you can hope for! And does indeed tie in and, is "the Ultimate Inspiration" as well. Lucky for all of us :)

Hey man where are you in the states or what?? back tomorrow?

Ed

hey thanx alot you guys...man is it cool you guys post here I have to say. Unlike on a few other msg boards I frequent lol(mikeportnoy.com, pain of salvation)...thanx I wondered..maybe it has to do with the same relationship? ..maybe if Doug will read this sometime he could explain a little more.

now only if I could for the life of me firgure out which Sting or Police song that does that I recalled...lol...I used to listen to them all the time back in hs, lol which was sadly 8 yrs ago.

i could dance with you "on ice"...thanks for pointing it out, always thought it was "all night" instead seeing that it rhymes with candlelight :rollin: