UM Msn convo

They are the easiest guitars to play, simple efficiency is all.

Exam revision is goin fine, still have about 6 weeks until my first exam anyway.

Mine is in 3 fuckin' weeks, gaytarded GCSE's.
I like thin/flat necks and may go for a high end Ibanez RG/S series guitar as opposed to an SV or Stars RR.
I'm gonna try a S series and a high end RG soon, but for an opinion: how do they compare?

Mine is in 3 fuckin' weeks, gaytarded GCSE's.
I like thin/flat necks and may go for a high end Ibanez RG/S series guitar as opposed to an SV or Stars RR.
I'm gonna try a S series and a high end RG soon, but for an opinion: how do they compare?

I've never played an S series so I wouldn't know. But one of my friends has an Ibanez Prestige with the new trem system

RG2550Z_GK_00_01.gif

It's seriously one of the nicest guitars I've ever played, the tone is great and the new Edge Zero trem system really holds up well.

I've never played an S series so I wouldn't know. But one of my friends has an Ibanez Prestige with the new trem system

RG2550Z_GK_00_01.gif

It's seriously one of the nicest guitars I've ever played, the tone is great and the new Edge Zero trem system really holds up well.

Awesome man, don't like the scratch plate, but otherwise nice, I played a lower end RG and it was nice and slick, but the trem was a bit shit and went out of tune after one divebomb and two flutters :erk:
Hopefully the Zero is better than w/e was on the lower end RG.
Thing with Superstrats is at first I didn;t like them as they were like (IMO) the most boring guitar ever -Fender's stratocaster, then i saw a lot of great guitarists using them (ibanez RG and s series) so i quite like them and they have uber thin/flat necks which is great ,thing is they dont look as impressive as a offset v.

RG2550Z_GK_00_01.gif

I helped set up/playd a Ibanez RGT42 today...damn it was nice! The INF pickups aint that bad either. The edge 3 didnt hold the tune that well but it was fucking fun to divebomb and whammy harmonic with it. Easiest whammy harmonics that ive done. Great neck too...a bit similar to my Jackson neck but bit more Narrow.

^^I have an RG 1570 which is quite similiar to the one posted above. The pickups are good even though they are stock. For some reason they are IMO sounding better than the EMG81 and EMG60's I have in my other Ibanez (also an RG 1570). Good guitar for the money, but the neck is a bit too thin for my liking, I'm more into ESP necks atm. But yeah, great for shredding. Tremolo stays in tune as well.

^^I have an RG 1570 which is quite similiar to the one posted above. The pickups are good even though they are stock. For some reason they are IMO sounding better than the EMG81 and EMG60's I have in my other Ibanez (also an RG 1570). Good guitar for the monkey, but the neck is a bit too thin for my liking, I'm more into ESP necks atm. But yeah, great for shredding. Tremolo stays in tune as well.

Agreed. I have that guitar...

:]