Unearth - Darkness in the Light

alec16

no care ever
Aug 2, 2010
NOVA
www.ultimatemetal.com
I'm not a huge unearth fan but this mix is amazing. i was surprised that i hadn't found a thread on it already. The album itself is alright, pretty consistent with previous unearth albums. The bass is killer, it feels so heavy in the mix. anyone have any details on it?

Produced by Adam D, great sounding record, despite the fact they autotuned kens vocals to shit.

Finally someone created a thread about this album! Production is amazing, songwriting is amazing. I've been an unearth fan for many years and this is my favourite of all their releases. Actually makes it hard to listen to the older ones because of the sizeable gap between production quality.

This is such a thick mix and my go to album at the gym.

Finally someone created a thread about this album! Production is amazing, songwriting is amazing. I've been an unearth fan for many years and this is my favourite of all their releases. Actually makes it hard to listen to the older ones because of the sizeable gap between production quality.

This is such a thick mix and my go to album at the gym.

have you not listened to in the eyes of fire?? everything about that albums kills the new one

it's that bass... it grabs me by the fucking balls man. it sounds almost like he's using sub levels to get that extra thickness. MILLIONS of times better than whatever the fuck the devil wears prada album he produced right after it was.

have you not listened to in the eyes of fire?? everything about that albums kills the new one

Like I said dude, I've been a long time Unearth fan, so the to answer your question - Yes I have heard In The Eyes of Fire many many times. Great album as well. But this new album slays.

sounds fucking AMAZING but god damn what bland metalcore, IMO....

the tones on this album are fucking INCREDIBLE....typical audiohammer sounding kick/snr and overall drum mix but i LOVEEEEE that sound...

Ha... glad there is such love/hate for this mix. I prefer that a production makes people talk... it means they are listening.

Adam D produced, ken engineered, i mixed. No framus here... just a 5150 II through a mesa oversized cab typical 57/201 setup.

The bass is an incredible sounding fender jazz i used zero amps or sims on the main sound its just eq and compression... a ton of it. There is a parallel track for distortion in the mids and highs...

People underestimate what a DI track can do for the punch of a record. An amp just never moves air the same way...