Unearth live

hogan666

Mar 7, 2006
Mannheim, Germany
www.liquid-artz.com
A week ago I saw Unearth on their headliner tour in Aschaffenburg, Germany.
Once again, I realized that less is more.

Watching the other 3 Bands (Job for Cowboy, Daath, forgot the name of the other one ;-)) was such a bore. I don't like these bands showing off how fast they are and how mean they could look. After 3 Songs of every band, I got enough.

After Unearth entered the stage, my smile came back *haha*
Very down to earth guys, funny, made a lot of weird stuff and jokes, but definitely beat the shit out of the crowd, with their much more simpler but straighter riffs. Thats the way to go for me ;-)

Am I the only only one, who's tired of these "5 one man shows in one band" groups?!

Cheers, Markus.

People have different tastes in music. You seem to like metalcore over the faster, heavier stuff. That's about as far as I would go in terms of drawing conclusions from this experience of yours.

i was at that show as well, unearth was great,but i disagree with you on the other bands. unearth played an awesome show, but so did the others. i was actually quite suprised by jfac, i liked the songs live much better then on cd. despised icon ruled as well imo. i only saw daath partly, because i was still doing interviews with the other bands. i actually got to listen to some of the new despised icon, mr sneap did a pretty amazing job on it once again, and the songs are great, too. the guitarist of jfac was a very nice and laid back guy, told me he hated the frog noise on the ep, and there will be no more of it on the new album.

the guitarist of jfac was a very nice and laid back guy, told me he hated the frog noise on the ep, and there will be no more of it on the new album.

Whoa, seems like a bad move. Most of the people I know who like JFAC only listen to them for the frog noises and bass booms, as stupid as they may be, I think it's a big part of what sets them apart from a lot of other death metal bands.

Really? To me they are one of the few bands out there whose music is instantly recognizable.

Unearth? I love unearth but it's just your basic metalcore. Nothing fancy, certainly not espeically unique. I might attribute uniqueness like that to Daath rather then Unearth actually.

Don't get the wrong idea though, I'm a big fan of unearth too.

Hehe, maybe it's really my taste of music. I'm more in this killswitch / unearth / it dies today kind of music. Don't like this as fast and hard as it get's. Hey it's ok sometimes, but not the whole.

Damn, sounds I lost my balls :heh: