Unholy Alliance Secret Show :)

HobbesDawg

Stuck in Utah
Sep 16, 2003
Salt Lake City, UT
So a few hours ago I got the call....Slayer et al were doing a free secret show here in Salt Lake tonight....sitting right now posting this as Mastadon (I belive) kicks some ass and we wait for Slayer.

Gota love it :) This'll help give me my dose of metal until the Maidens make it back to Salt Lake heh.

Cheers and more later....

Oh yeah, I've seen more Iron Maiden tshirts on folks than any other band heh.

we saw SLAYER and Masodon this past Saturday night in Long Beach.... GREAT SHOW!!! I heard there was a free show like thursday but didn't know where.. :(

*grins* There is a lovely website called http://myspace.com/secretshows.

The site is sponsored by, belive it or not, Chili's. They put on secret shows all over the country, usually a few a week :)

The show was great! All the bands rocked, and Slayer stole the show. The band was clearly having a blast, laughign on stage and enjoying themselves. It must be nice to play a 'club' type venue every once in a while for them. The only part that sucks about the place the show was at (Formerly Bricks, now called In The Venue) was the fact they have NO AC so it was pretty damn hot. Still... well worth the price :)

Set list:
South of Heaven
At Dawn The Sleep
War Ensamble
Blood Red
Chemical Warfare
Cult
God Hates Us All
Dead Skin Mask
Reign in Blood
Mandatory Suicide
Angel of Death.

I saw Slayer in Long Beach too on this tour. It was way too hot for me in that place. I can't stand the Long Beach Arena. If you don't have floor tickets and squeeze your way right up to the front its not the best place to see a show. It was great to see like 10,000 metal heads come out to see the show. Slayer just doesn't do it for me much anymore. I have seen them so many times and they never do anything much different. Just kinda stand there and play not much crowd interaction. They sounded good and all that just was pretty burnt out by the time they came on.

I liked Lamb of God a lot thought they were really good

I'm not sure who the 2nd band was..but they kicked butt..I just confirmed it was Children of Bodom. Apparently Lamb of God went off to play another venue tonight *shrug*