Unleash the beast Lead credits

masterofsolos

New Metal Member
Sep 21, 2002
Visit site
I was wondering if anyone knew who plays what solos on this album?

I figure that Doug does the Unleash the beast solo, after watching the music video.

Could anyone tell me who plays the other song solos?

Don't know about all the solo's. But when I saw Saxon on the Unleash the beast tour, I seem to remember Doug doing all the solo's on the four tracks that they played from that album (Unleash the beast, Circle of light, Cut out the disease and Thin red line). I may be wrong though!

Paxoman said:
Don't know about all the solo's. But when I saw Saxon on the Unleash the beast tour, I seem to remember Doug doing all the solo's on the four tracks that they played from that album (Unleash the beast, Circle of light, Cut out the disease and Thin red line). I may be wrong though!

Cool! thanks for that :)

Must have been great seeing them on that tour. Unleash the beast is my favourite album by them.

I saw them do a couple of those tracks at Metal Meltdown IV in New Jersey, and I don't remember all the details, but I distinctly remember a nice trade-off on "The Preacher." As seems to be the case elsewhere, Doug did the mellower first half, while Quinn kicked in with a bluesier one on the second half. And I could be wrong, but I seem to remember Paul also doing "Terminal Velocity." I think Pax is right about "Thin Red Line."

I know for certain that Paul Quinn plays the Unleash the Beast solo, in the "Behind the Scenes" clip in the Chronicles DVD he plays it in the studio.

masterofsolos said:
Seems like Circle of light is maybe played by both? It sounds like it changes guitarist during the solo at about 3:40 into the song.

Maybe, but if you listen to the riff it sounds like it isn't changing.. :)

I've never been into guitar wanking.But Paul has played some corkers.Its a shame he always seemed to get overshadowed by Graham.Doug also seems pretty damn good.Can't say I noticed who played what at the Astoria gig cause I was to lashed.

Crusader said:
I know for certain that Paul Quinn plays the Unleash the Beast solo, in the "Behind the Scenes" clip in the Chronicles DVD he plays it in the studio.

Really? I can't remember that bit...where abouts on the dvd was it? I only remember seeing him play what I think was a solo from Metalhead in the studio. Also, on the Unleash the beast music video and the making of it, Doug can be seen playing it.....

Crusader said:
Maybe, but if you listen to the riff it sounds like it isn't changing.. :)

The rhythm riff underneath? It does change. I didn't think it always had to if the lead swaps to guitarist 2 halfway through.

masterofsolos said:
Really? I can't remember that bit...where abouts on the dvd was it? I only remember seeing him play what I think was a solo from Metalhead in the studio. Also, on the Unleash the beast music video and the making of it, Doug can be seen playing it.....

The rhythm riff underneath? It does change. I didn't think it always had to if the lead swaps to guitarist 2 halfway through.
I'm not sure, but I think it was a clip of Paul playing it in a studio in "Behind the Scenes" Unleash the Beast, or maybe it was from the documentary i haven't seen disc 2 in over two weeks. All my thoughts were based upon that clip! I don't know who plays the solo in the video but maybe you can check and see if they change?

Check out the solo at the very end of Militia Guard if u want to hear some real Guitar wanking! 100% Quinn (and dont forget to turn it up gradually as it fades out either!)

macc189 said:
Check out the solo at the very end of Militia Guard if u want to hear some real Guitar wanking! 100% Quinn (and dont forget to turn it up gradually as it fades out either!)
Solos...
The Solo and the Riff...
Solos can represent so much, almost like singing, just listen to the solo in The Clairvoyant, and then compare it to its lyrics, it fits so good. The breaks in it are good too. (Solo:) It starts with this happy part, then aggressive, then happy again. Good defeats Bad, damn my arms twitch when I listen to it! I just have to listen again.

Crusader recommends solos in:
(IM)
Clairvoyant
Number of the Beast
Fear of the Dark
Wasted Years
etc..
(Saxon)
Are we Travellers in Time
Crusader (HMT)
Dallas 1PM (compare with lyrics here too)
We Will Remember (compare)
Rock is Our Life
Sea of Life (double solo)
Coming Home
etc etc etc..
(CoB)
Follow the Reaper
etc..

:headbang: :headbang: :headbang: :headbang: :headbang: