Unreviewed haul 4/9

Wyvern

Master of Disaster
Staff member
Nov 24, 2002
I received today 4 out of my supposedly last haul of the year (it seems I'll have to make one more o_O ).

Derek Sherinian - "Mythology": just awsome maybe his best solo album so far.

Chris Poland - "Return To Metalopolis 2002": reissue of his solo debut with two bonus tracks. Why no one ver told me this album was so damn good? Half classic Megadeth/ half prog, all heart and soul. I have Chris and James Murphy now in my pantheon of underrated guitar heroes.

Emerson, Lake & Palmer - "Extended Versions": one of those unnoficial live albums, probably mixed from other official stuff or alike. Anyway cool to fill my prog tapes.

Exciter - "Violence & Force": finally the Megaforce reissue...and I'm damn dissapointed! No lyrics, the booklet is just two pages with liner notes by Dan, Allan and John. a few pics and the artwork picture is very defficient IMO almost like a bootleg (since I don't know the original I can compare). The sound is good but the level is also low, not much of a remaster (or I was mistaken regarding this reissue?). Also only 9 tracks, this version doesn't have 'Evil Siner' (and the one I d/l form SS has a song called 'Death Revenge' but it doesn't has a 5th track ?????). The Steamhammer version also have 9 tracks (according to CD Universe) but the artwork seems better.

The important part is that I finally got this album which was oversaw by myself years ago, and that's criminal! Most excellent metal, and now I know why Clammy smile so much when he's playing in the band ;)

Wyvern said:
Exciter - "Violence & Force": finally the Megaforce reissue...and I'm damn dissapointed! No lyrics, the booklet is just two pages with liner notes by Dan, Allan and John. a few pics and the artwork picture is very defficient IMO almost like a bootleg (since I don't know the original I can compare). The sound is good but the level is also low, not much of a remaster (or I was mistaken regarding this reissue?). Also only 9 tracks, this version doesn't have 'Evil Siner' (and the one I d/l form SS has a song called 'Death Revenge' but it doesn't has a 5th track ?????). The Steamhammer version also have 9 tracks (according to CD Universe) but the artwork seems better.

WOW! Guess I'll just stick to my boot copy. I was going to pick it up if it had a nice booklet and such. Oh well. Glad to see that it is officially out though.