Upcoming album mixing in its final stages, thoughts?

Good work!!
I normally dont like grunting screaming singers but this is great. Love the singing part/solo.

Sounds great

VERY good mix on the instruments.. im not so sure about the vocals. they sound a bit washed out.. around about 1.08 it sounds to start like lamb of god.. maybe listen to some LOG stuff just to see what they do with the vocals to give them more power?

loving the song man...and mix sounds good from where I'm sitting. The lead guitars are pretty prominent, but I think due to their flashiness thats the way it should be. The screams sound fine to me..very cool actually. I hear a bit of Opeth, but not in a bad way by anymeans. All in all man I think you got a real solid mix and a real solid track. \m/

loving the song man...and mix sounds good from where I'm sitting. The lead guitars are pretty prominent, but I think due to their flashiness thats the way it should be. The screams sound fine to me..very cool actually. I hear a bit of Opeth, but not in a bad way by anymeans. All in all man I think you got a real solid mix and a real solid track. m/

Many many thanks man! I'll be sure to get ooidort to come and check this thread out, he's not in an environment to check the internet often so I'll be sure to refer him back to soak up the good words!

Very tight mix, nice work! What did you use for the guitar solo? Also what did you use for the clean vocals?

For the cleans I sang into a Rifle/Shotgun mic which you can see here:

It's made by AKG (I think) but it was given to me by a family friend so I've no other details on it. The guitar solo guitar was a Jackson (ooidort can fill you in on more specific details on that) and the plugin chain was pretty simple. Just TSEX30, KEfir and some delay if I recall correctly.

Thanks for the responses guys!

Last edited by a moderator: