Upcoming NorCal Shows..who's going?

Jax

Forum Goddess
Feb 11, 2002
San Jose, CA
There are a lot of us here in Northern California & we've discussed getting together at quite a few shows lately..so who all's going to which shows? The ones I can remember discussing off the top of my head are:

Nightwish
Thurs, May 22 at The Boardwalk in Orangevale
Eluveitie (PaganFest)
Wed, May 7 at The Boardwalk in Orangevale, Fri, May 9 at The Avalon in Santa Clara
Dream Theater
Sat, May 3 at the Paramount Theater in Oakland

How about Symphony X at Slim's on Friday April 18th?

Or BARfest, also in SF (Fri & Sat June 27-28..confirmed bands thus far are LTE, Sun Caged, and Zero Hour, with some more awesome bands just waiting to be announced)? Ya'll are gonna want to go to BARfest, for reasons I'm not at liberty to discuss yet, but trust me..you're going to want to go *nods sagely*

Any other shows coming up?

I am going to Symphony X , Epica , Into Eternity April 22 at the Coach in Southern California , this is a venue I hope to see Prelude at SOON !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I have tix for DT in May.

What's the deal with BarFest tix Jax? Any idea when they are going to go on sale, and announce the lineup?

I talked to one of the organizers this week, they're waiting on some details on the other end (management & such for the bands they're dealing with) before they'll be free to announce the full lineup & begin selling tickets. We discussed the need for setting a deadline, as people may need to make travel arrangements & putting it off too long will make costs difficult for some, & I'm hoping to hear more about it early next week. I'll keep ya'll posted. :)

I've got tix for Rush on May 4th in Concord, Return to Forever on June 11th in SF, comedian Ron White on May 17th in Sacto, and I will likely go to Yes on August 19th at Shoreline in Mountainview. Also, if Circa does any dates anywhere in CA, I'm there.

Ohhh I'd forgotten about Rush..we'll be out of town for that one. :( We'll be out of town for DT as well..

Brett will probably be at the Yes show, maybe he can find folks here to hang out with cuz I'll be passing on that show.

We'll also be going to:
SymX in SF (well duh *g*) and we're flying down for the West Hollywood show too. I'll also be at the Cleveland & Mokena shows this weekend.
PaganFest (we'll be catching the Santa Clara show)
Nightwish (gonna be a toughie, San Jose to Orangevale & back on a work night, but Brett says we're good to go)

and we'll definitely be at BARfest.

Sym X??? I need to start writing these things down. I can't seem to remember the dates from one day to the next.

Bartman and I will be at the Opeth, DT show! Wouldn't miss that.

If all goes as planned, I'll be seeing Symphony X, Eluveitie and Dimmu Borgir this month. What a great start to a concert season!! :headbang:

SRS

So I guess it's Dimmu Borgir w/Behemoth, Eluveitie and Symphony X. But I think I will sit out the DT show. Sorrell needs to go to some things w/out the ball n chain, for cryin' out loud!:rolleyes:

I want to save for OzzFest and Scum of the Earth and some other ones that always end up coming at the very end of the summer. :headbang:

Maybe I'll see some of ya at the shows!:kickass:

YAY!
Looks like I am going to be able to make it down to the Nightwish show on 5-22 after all. Gonna bring my son with me, as he is a HUGE Nightwish fan, and I have been promising him another trip down to see SK and SS, so looks like it's time to make good on the promise. Hope to be getting my tix either today or tomorrow.

Robby

Jax, you need to get your tickets for that. I still wanna pick up two for Miranda and Kaylee. I'd prefer not to be the only one going, so seeing that Robby is a go is great news! I remember we were all originally planning on getting a huge group together, but Sorrell no longer wants to go, and I don't think Logan and Lori can make it either because they have to plan for their wedding and their evenings are booked. Oh well. A handful of us will still be fun!

Just bought my ticket..it'll just be me, though, Brett can't make the drive up there & back on a work night. Should be a fun show..I can't believe I voluntarily bought a ticket to Nightwish, though :lol: (my Nightwish-hatred has been vehement and longlasting..give me time to break old habits LOL).

I remember we were all originally planning on getting a huge group together, but Sorrell no longer wants to go,

To the best of my memory, Sorrell never wanted to go. I considered it for a minute, but there's a Hee-Haw marathon on that I just don't wanna miss. :lol:

After my experience of trying to watch Sonata Arctica, I think I'd rather stand in line to take an ass-woopin' than risk another show like that. But, that's just me.

I'm sure everyone will have a great time. Especially, without me making fun of the "Pose-Fest". :lol:

SRS

I remember we were all originally planning on getting a huge group together, but Sorrell no longer wants to go

I remember one time at band camp I was just chillin by myself on the corner. Then Sorrell shows up and all these cops suddenly arrived ordering the huge group to disperse:p

~B <---- is a cheeky bastard