Upcoming OPETH tour

Jasonic

Doom On!
Apr 14, 2004
West Burbs of Chicago
So is anyone going to check out OPETH on this tour?
It seems people are all over the place on this band now.
In Chicago, I believe Nevermore and Into Eternity are on the bill.
Into Eternity is on EVERY big tour this year and next.
I don't know who they blew, but they got to tour with HammerFall, Stratovarius, Opeth, and then Sonata Arctica next January.

I am still deciding (Though I better make up my mind, as I am sure the gig will sell out)

Yeah you'll probably see most or all of ND at the Opeth show. I think I've seen them every time they've come to Chicago, actually. I like talking to both the Opeth and Nevermore guys when they come through so it ought to be fun.

I think the bill for the Chicago show is actually Opeth/Nevermore/Fireball Ministry. Into Eternity is a good band, I'm happy for them that they're doing so well in terms of getting the good tours and stuff. I hope they don't start running the risk of becoming one of those opening acts where people say "Oh not them again!", because they're always on tour haha It can be hard walking that line and keeping away from that kind of backlash. I think the Opeth tour will be good for them though.

Interesting. That is the first mention I heard of Fireball Ministry being on the bill.
I like Nevermore a lot, actually. The one time I saw them live though, I thought they were quite boring unfortunately.
Opeth live though is always an amazing event.

Two bands that I think fell in the same pattern of Into Eternity are Lacuna Coil and Beyond the Embrace. Worked very well for Lacuna Coil (obviously), though not so well for Beyond the Embrace.

I would love to see ND get some of these tours, DAMMIT!!! :)

It's all about who you know, what connections you have and what kind of $$$ you have behind you. Being that ND doesn't get any of these tours, you can basically figure out the answer to what we're lacking.

I saw them in London a few weeks back, and you're all in for a treat :) The new songs all sound great live and they threw in a few older tracks that i didn't think they'd play (like Face of Melinda and Blackwater Park :) )

Can't wait to see them again in October :)

I'll be there for sure. Only because of Nevermore of course. Into Eternity would be cool, they blew me away when I seen them at Joe's on Weed St. As far as Opeth goes, what can I say, you either love or hate this band. I've tried and tried to get into them with no luck. Opeth = Dream Theatre, just bores the hell out of me.