opeth/katatonia this would be the best tour

Jul 17, 2003
Brooklyn NY
Visit site
On the next tour opeth should stop fuckin around and take katatonia out with them.

For all of you who dont think this would be the ultimate opeth tour hang yourself from a porcupine tree

Meh, I'm not too crazy about Katatonia......I'd much rather see Porcupine Tree.

Katatonia is one of those bands that no matter how much I want to love, I can't. I'm indifferent towards them, but I do like Brave Murder Day quite a bit...aside from that, bleh.

I honestly find them to be an extremely overrated band. That's just my opinion, of course.

Oh, and just so you know...they've already toured together (also took Novembre with them).

oh, please...

the tour with PT is the best i could ever ask... but USA are too far from me... you simply don't understand how much you're lucky, mr. brooklyn

Ah, it would be truly great to see both Opeth and Katatonia together.

Porcupine Tree rocks and all, but Katatonia is much darker in tone, so maybe...just maybe I like them a tad bit better. It's all too close, though, and really I don't even care, hehe.

porcupine tree are annoying as fuck. Though I don't really have anything against them I just find their music annoying, cheerful and unspecial. Steve Wilson is a genius producer though, especially when it comes to vocal effects. (and I'm not just talking about the 'down a phone' one lol)

Yeah I would love to see them tour with katatonia, plus if those 2 went on tour together, they could bring Swano along (or use one of their own drummers) and do some Bloodbath!

brooklynmayhem said:
porcupine tree had the most boring set i have ever heard, except when paradise lost opened for opeth in january, that was slightly more boring

Well I haven't seen PT yet (I am going tomorrow), but yeah PL did suck in Jan., and so did Tapping the Vein. I really hope PT isn't as bad as that, but then again Opeth is playing first, so if I do think they suck I can always leave.

A Katatonia/Opeth tour would fucking KILL! Porcupine Tree are great, and I really like their music, but you know what? They aren't METAL. Katatonia are dark freakin' METAL. And I happen to love Viva Emptiness too, so...

brooklynmayhem said:
On the next tour opeth should stop fuckin around and take katatonia out with them.

For all of you who dont think this would be the ultimate opeth tour hang yourself from a porcupine tree

The first time that I saw Opeth was when Novembre and Katatonia opened for them. I thought Katatonia was the worst band on the bill...Boring as fuck. Good music to be standing at the bar drinking beer though...

I'd let Opeth open for Anathema or Antimatter. I've heard that Katatonia aren't that great live. And as for dissing Paradise Lost, some would say that without PL there would be no Opeth or Katatonia. I would like to see an all scandinavian show with Opeth, Katatonia, The Loveless and Blazing Eternity.