Upcoming Threshold shows in Holland, Germany and England

Just to say that Fused Festival was superb apart from To-Mera who I didn't get at all.
I took my two Sons (12 & 14) and they were blown away by Threshold - I have never heard them being so upbeat before.
There keep asking why they never hear Threshold on the radio as they are convinced that they would be even more popular.

Just to say that Fused Festival was superb apart from To-Mera who I didn't get at all.
I took my two Sons (12 & 14) and they were blown away by Threshold - I have never heard them being so upbeat before.
There keep asking why they never hear Threshold on the radio as they are convinced that they would be even more popular.

I heard some other guys saying something similar on Sunday. It baffles me why I've never seen Threshold play a UK show to much more than 150 people (aside from their appearance on the mainstage at the Bloodstock Indoor festival around the time of Critical Mass)

I quite like the early To-Mera material and have promoted shows for the band on a couple of occasions, however I can't say that I find their more recent material very appealing. They are excellent musicians, but I find the contant time and style changes a bit wearing.

I went to a Paradise Lost gig on the Friday night in London - which in retrospect was a mistake as I didn't enjoy it much. Thus I ended up travelling over to Lydney the following day and had hoped to at least arrive in time to catch Toxic Smile and the bands for the evening, but due to a bunch of chores and other things at home I only arrived in time to see Threshold. They were well into their set and mid-way through The Ravages of Time when I finally got inside the venue. The sound was great and the band sounded fantastic, as they usually do.

The setlist was however a slightly odd mix of old and new songs, but there was still plenty to enjoy. There were friends that I spoke to, who were a little disappointed with the choice of material, but checking the setlist, I don't think it was massively different to what they have been playing over the last year or so. There is more of the older material in there, which is a big plus for me, but they insist on playing Pilot in the Sky of Dreams which I've always found a bit dreary. On the other hand they did play the marvelous Ravages of Time. :) Also I have finally been won over by Pete Morten, whose voice I was never very keen on, but his backing vocals are great and he adds a bit more dynamism to the band onstage

I suspect that the setlist was the same as the one that they played in The Netherlands, last week

Mission Profile
Consume to Live
Exposed
Avalon
Eat the Unicorn
Stop Dead
The Ravages of Time
Hollow
Critical Mass
Smile at the Moon
Long Way Home
Pilot In The Sky Of Dreams
The Art of Reason

Encore:
Clear
Slipstream
Paradox

I had the chance to meet Pete when he was roady for a Kyrbgrinder gig in Newport Pagnell and we had a good chat.
He is a great bloke and I agree with Charlie, he brings a new dynamism to the band - he also clearly loves playing with Threshold and it shows on stage.

I loved the 2 days we spent at the Fused Festival(Fri & Sat).
Threshold were excellent and I really liked the setlist.

We hope to have some insights about the set list in the next issue of Beyond (end of the month).

It is the same setlist as the recent Germany and Netherlands gigs, but there are differences to the set played at the last gig before this recent run - which was November 2009 under the Essence of Progression banner