Update from IN THE MACHINE (Corey Brown) - CD Released

IanRingler

Bassist
Jan 30, 2010
www.itmband.com
Hello all,

I thought I would post this for anyone who is interested.

Colorado based IN THE MACHINE has released their first full length CD. This self-titled 11 song collection delivers a hard hitting, guitar driven edge combined with powerful melodic vocals, dynamic drums and thunderous 12 string bass.

IN THE MACHINE evolved from a collaborative concept between rhythm mastermind drummer/vocalist Doug Brown and the consummate lead vocalist Corey Brown. Their vision lead to a creation of a group based not only on brilliant musicianship but also on powerful, creative chemistry driving its members. The blueprint of this lineup builds out with the masterful guitarist Jsin Elliott, the soulful depths of Eric Madrid on guitars, and on bass, Ian Ringler hammering it out!

The CD is now available through iTunes, Zune, as well as

[ame="http://www.amazon.com/In-the-Machine/dp/B004WGZ91S/ref=sr_1_20?ie=UTF8&s=dmusic&qid=1303488614&sr=1-20"]Amazon.com[/ame]

and

CDBaby.com

Watch for the upcoming IN THE MACHINE summer and fall concert season.

IN THE MACHINE:
Corey Brown - Vocals
Jsin Elliott - Guitars
Eric Madrid - Guitars
Ian Ringler - 12 String Bass
Doug Brown - Vocals / Drums

Visit us on Facebook or at www.ITMBand.com for further information.

As always, thanks for reading!

I love Corey Brown, but I've absolutely given up on the idea that he's going to be singing for Balance of Power. I think it's been about 4 or 5 years since the Corey/Balance of Power rumors started....I'm just sweeping that rumor under the rug now. It's not going to happen. :(

Yes (sigh), I also would have loved to see and hear Corey with BOP. I cannot speak for anyone involved in that camp (cool guys and no bad blood) but I know that Corey has not passed on any news that he has received any info or updates.

I will say that I have heard 1 new song in the demo stage with Corey vocals on it and it rocked.

I know that Corey has not closed the door or anything like that with BOP, but from the little info I've been given nothing is happening.

So Corey keeps doing his thing and we've started In The Machine. We consider ITM a full time band and not a one off side project.

No worries. Thanks for the interest in CD.

We are ramping up to begin speaking with the CD distributors, vendors, etc. in order to make the CD available across the different markets and store fronts/sites. Hopefully more news to follow on that topic soon!

Thanks again!

Thanks Zod and Brian!

Here is a CD sampler video that features bits and pieces from each song on the ITM CD.

Thanks again!

Last edited by a moderator:
I don't want to come across as an ass here, but I'm not sure if this is my thing. I really like Corey's voice, but I like to hear him front more straight forward, melodic metal music. Maybe it's because I'm stuck on listening to him with Magnitude 9. I listened to probably 80% of the music on Zune.

~Brian~

Thanks MYSTIC1 for puchasing the music and thanks Brian for checking it out. And Brian, no, you do not come off like an ass dude. No worries. I think it's cool that you took the time to check out the music.

Not bad, but as I mentioned over on PMX2, the sound is a bit raw. Corey's voice is a bit rougher than I remember, but I guess we're all getting a bit older. I'd like to reserve final judgement until I've had a few more listens, but right now it's not jumping out and grabbing me, though it's certainly listenable.

Kevin

Kevin, thanks for purchasing the music and for your feedback. You are correct, this is a different sound for Corey. He still has his soaring vocals, but he also wanted to work in his mid to lower range as well (or as I call it his "gruff" voice). ITM is different than what Corey has done in the past. At least in my opinion. To be honest, we were not sure if the Prog/Power fans would be into this band or not because it is more of a hard rock/metal cd than on the strickly Prog/Power/Melodic side of the fence.

Thanks again to everyone who checked out the music, purchased the music, and commented. You guys rock!

In the Machine's CD arrived from CD Baby today. I'm listening to it as I type in this post. The CD will definitely place near the top of my "best-of" list for 2011. The musicians are all very talented and I absolutely love Corey's voice and his approach to delivering the lyrics. To me, their music is both comtemporary and filled with passion. There is definitely a very earthy vibe going on here that resonants with me. Well done In the Machine! And best of luck!

Mr. Space Ghost thank you for your very kind words about our CD. Also thank you for purchasing and taking the time to listen to the music. I think it is fair to say that you "get" the music and vibe that we are going for with ITM. We may just use what you wrote on our site (if that's ok).

Once again thank you to everyone who has shown interest, who has purchased the music, or who has taken the time to check out IN THE MACHINE and for sharing your thoughts.

So far the overall response that we have received has been very positive.

Thanks,