Update on Corey Brown's new band - IN THE MACHINE

IanRingler

Bassist
Jan 30, 2010
www.itmband.com
Hello all,

For those who are interested I wanted to give an update on a new band featuring Corey Brown on vocals. This new band is IN THE MACHINE.

This is not another side project or studio project. IN THE MACHINE is a full time band with all of members from the Colorado area. The style of the band is rooted in the vein of 'heavy groove' with some bits of Prog and Power Metal thrown in.

I am also happy to report that I have been invited to fulfill bass duties for IN THE MACHINE and I am excited with the potential this band has.

The band lineup also features guitarists Jason Elliot and Eric Madrid along with another member of the Brown family, Doug Brown, on drums and vocals.

For anyone who is going to be in the Colorado area, we are playing our first show on March 25th with the band Janus at The Black Sheep (2106 E. Platte Ave. Colorado Springs, CO 80909). More info at http://www.blacksheeprocks.com/show/detail/27676

We have just recently posted one of our demos for the song "Running" out on our MySpace site: http://www.myspace.com/itmband

Please let us know what you think. Feedback is welcome.

I am planning on posting this in some of the other forums as well so please forgive forgive my "band spam".

Thanks,

Ian Ringler

As far as I know from what Corey has told me, Balance of Power is still moving forward and he is still with them. It sounds like things are just moving at a slow pace is all. I'm not sure what their most recent plans are.

Thanks

Thanks for the update Ian. I'm too far to come to Colorado but I'm looking forward to hearing more from you guys. Since you're a fan of Seventh Wonder are you coming to see them this year? :D

The song sounds good. Definitely curious to hear the finished product. I'm a big fan of Corey's vocals and this seems like a departure from the type of project he typically works with.

I had no idea Balance of Power was still alive. Perhaps it's the curse of Lance. Both BoP and Pyramaze put out one disc immediately following his departure, and then seemed to lose momentum. Strange.

Zod

Glad to see Corey doing something again, I'm a big fan of the Magnitude 9 material and I think I even have a Psyco Drama CD somewhere! The main riff in this song is straight out of A Change Of Seasons though.....

Was just listening to Psyco Drama's Illusion the other day while on a drive. Will be interested to see this go further. I have to agree with the riff. It does sound like CoS. Corey's vocals kick ass!

I like Corey very much and I've wondered from time to time about the status of Balance of Power. It's good to see Corey involved in something though. I'll check it out for sure!

~Brian~

Thanks for the feedback on In The Machine everyone. So far we have been getting very positive feedback and are excited with the little bit of "buzz" we're getting. Its a great feeling to feel this positive and excited about music again.

I do admit that the main riff reminds me of COS as well. This is one of the songs that the band had put together before I had joined (without bass parts). In fact, this is the song they played for me when I first checked them out. I added my bass parts and added my two cents here and there.

I'm excited to see where this band goes. We would love to get a chance to perform as part of the ProgPower festivities in the future perhaps as part of the Weds or Thursday night shows (wouldn't every band though).

I'll post more once we have more song samples available. Thanks again to all!

Ian Ringler

p.s. And yes Andy, I plan on being there this year to see Seventh Wonder. I am almost positive that I was sitting right behind you or near you at last year's show to watch Fates Warning (upper seats on the far left side if you are looking at the stage). Next time, I'll make sure to say hi. Or if you see me pull me aside. Just look for a bald guy that looks like Shrek.

p.s. And yes Andy, I plan on being there this year to see Seventh Wonder. I am almost positive that I was sitting right behind you or near you at last year's show to watch Fates Warning (upper seats on the far left side if you are looking at the stage). Next time, I'll make sure to say hi. Or if you see me pull me aside. Just look for a bald guy that looks like Shrek.

:lol: Yep, that was me. I'll see you again this year, or should I say you'll see me :p