URBAN / BLOODBOUND NEWS?

muzmaze

pyramontyrsuidvan
Mar 28, 2006
N.H., USA
The UM Oldschool Forum made mention that Urban is no longer singing in Bloodbound ?? Of course, like most here, being mainly interested in his upcoming work with Pyramaze...find this a bit intriguing. As to his change in status with Pyramaze if any?...a change in time / the progress of the next Pyramaze release?...the desire to sing in general?...etc.

Maybe Urban or any other members could make a comment about this for us fans in due time...if they feel necessary to do so?

Yeah, Urban is out of bloodbound... again. On his forum he mentioned it was the decision of the other members of the band, he was actually looking forward to do another album. But he would not like to record Nosferatu Pt. II, which might be what the other members would like to do. Thus, they'll need another singer to do that. Their new singer will be announced tomorrow already, at least that is stated on their website. I have to admit that my expectations are pretty low, I love the albums with Urban on vocals but I can't listen to Book of the Dead.

As far as I know Urban's really looking forward to do some songs with Pyramaze! :)

Can't wait to hear anything new of you guys!!!

^
Good insight...thanks for the additional update. I can't think BloodBound could do any better than having someone like Urban singing...oh well.

^
Good insight...thanks for the additional update. I can't think BloodBound could do any better than having someone like Urban singing...oh well.

Yeah, me neither. Nosferatu - to me - is well played, but there is not much you haven't heard from Iron Maiden, Helloween or some other bands a hundred times. The only thing that makes this album stand out is Urban! And he lifts this album up to a much higher level. "Fallen From Grace" is the best Hellween song that I know! :lol: I don't think there are many singers around who could do that.

Besides, Urban is currently working on a Trail of Murder album and might also release a solo album this year. So there is plenty of great stuff to be released soon! :)

I'm split about this...hate to see Urban leave Bloodbound, but I also would like to see them return to the Nosferatu style.

I like Tabula Rasa much more, sounds more mature. As much as I love Nosferatu and Metal Monster, at times the whole album gets a bit monotonous. Nosteratu-style will only work with a great singer I guess, not sure that the new guy is like that.

The band states on their website as follows:

"Bloodbound's new lead singer is 27 year old Patrik "Pata" Johansson (Dawn Of Silence) from Finspång, Sweden! Patrik has been a good friend to the band for a while, and with a great voice sounding like a mix between Bruce Dickinson and Tobias Sammet he will fit perfectly into the band."

Whatever that will lead to, we'll see...

EDIT: There's also a short sample available... it's ok, but nothing more... at first glance he sounds to me like a hundred other singers, though I won't judge until I heard something more. But as I said, expectations are low, unfortunately.

I just talked to Urban yesterday. He's feeling fine and is not sad about the Bloodbound situation at all. I will leave it up to Urban if he wants to make public what has happened between them, nothing dramatic really - but it was poorly handled by the Bloodbound guys if you ask me. Their loss really. Anyways, nothing "dramatic" as i said, plus now Urban has more time for Pyramaze and his Trail of Murder project ;-)

I just talked to Urban yesterday. He's feeling fine and is not sad about the Bloodbound situation at all. I will leave it up to Urban if he wants to make public what has happened between them, nothing dramatic really - but it was poorly handled by the Bloodbound guys if you ask me. Their loss really. Anyways, nothing "dramatic" as i said, plus now Urban has more time for Pyramaze and his Trail of Murder project ;-)

Speaking of, Michael. Do you have anything you wish to tease/share with us? :kickass: :headbang: :loco:

Speaking of, Michael. Do you have anything you wish to tease/share with us? :kickass: :headbang: :loco:

I wish i had something concrete for you guys. But at least i can tell you that Morten and myself will be moving our equipment to a new rehearsal room within a week or so. Then we will start arranging the drums for the first 5 songs.... So things are definitely progressing :)

I wish i had something concrete for you guys. But at least i can tell you that Morten and myself will be moving our equipment to a new rehearsal room within a week or so. Then we will start arranging the drums for the first 5 songs.... So things are definitely progressing :)

Honestly dude, that is enough to satiate my thirst, that means that the new stuff offficially exists, WITH drum ideas. I can't tell you how much I want to hear the new Pyramaze, so thanks dude, even if its not out for a while, I know it is coming, and that's what matters!

Sorry to hear about the split from Bloodbound. Not to downplay other musicians but vocals are extremely important in this kind of metal. If Bloodbound starts to sound like Edguy it would be a major step down from Book of the Dead.

I am stoked to hear Pyramaze is moving forward. Looking towards some more epic in my life.
Blind Guardian is working on their new album too. NOW that would be a tour I'd kill to see.

Put Persuader on there too and I would put myself in debt to see a show like that.