Urban's warmup routine?

The Coming Curse

New Metal Member
Jul 28, 2004
Since there is no Metal 101 singing class at the college i'll be attending in August, I was just curious as to what you do for warm-ups and keeping your voice in such good condition. Now, don't be afraid to describe what you do..... In...... Every little detail. :headbang:

I'm still trying to figure out what I can do to get more rasp on my highs, yours is amazing. :OMG:

-An Aspiring Metal Musician

heh, it all depends on how I feel but mostly weird noises, soft slides both up and down and then I add some regular singing harmonising with Daniel if he's available. Simply because it's more fun. However to be perfectly honest I don't do this on every occasion. ...anyway, the warm-up routine doesn't make too much of a difference if we're talking about timbre and stuff. It's got so much more to do with trying to avoid injuries and I'm not talking about the ones you get from running straight into the bass player. :)

Thanks a lot for the response! Most other people wouldn't tell because it's a forbidden mystery or something. Can't wait to see you guys at Prog Power this year either, hopefully some more tours in the U.S. are on the horizon as well :headbang:

I'll try not to run into our bass player, I don't think that would be good for either of us, heheh. The comment about rasp and timbre was just an after-thought as yours is simply incredible.

Anyway I usually start with some harmonizing hums and slides. I try to incorporate light 'grunts' as well and holding certain notes in my slides. When you do warm-up how long do you usually do this for? :worship:

Urban breed said:
heh, it all depends on how I feel but mostly weird noises, soft slides both up and down and then I add some regular singing harmonising with Daniel if he's available. Simply because it's more fun. However to be perfectly honest I don't do this on every occasion. ...anyway, the warm-up routine doesn't make too much of a difference if we're talking about timbre and stuff. It's got so much more to do with trying to avoid injuries and I'm not talking about the ones you get from running straight into the bass player. :)

Alright you are back. Now we can get down to the important things you missed like french fries and perfume and all kinds of other good stuff.

In all seriousness, I noticed you have a nice little small North American tour planned. Kick some ass on that tour. TM and Edguy are quality bands and N. America needs some good music. Make sure that voice is in top shape for PPV though. I have high expectations for ya'll as well as Edguy for that matter. Glad to have you back aboard Urban.

Bryant

Urban breed said:
heh, it all depends on how I feel but mostly weird noises, :)

..... it´s not any weird noises.... the sounds you bring is delightful... :Smug: .....

Bryant said:
Alright you are back. Now we can get down to the important things you missed like french fries and perfume and all kinds of other good stuff.

Lol, yeah our random posts of insanity
ices_lol_large.gif
laugh.gif

Bryant said:
In all seriousness, I noticed you have a nice little small North American tour planned. Kick some ass on that tour. TM and Edguy are quality bands and N. America needs some good music.

Yeah! Have fun, I hope you make lots of new fans!
wink.gif

Bryant said:
Glad to have you back aboard Urban.
Ditto
ezpi_smile.gif