Vader - Impressions In Blood

BrandonS

Apr 5, 2003
Vader - Impressions In Blood
Candlelight Records - CDL314 - 2006
By Brandon Strader

Vader-ImpressionsInBlood.jpg

The introduction track to Vader's new album, Impressions In Blood which just happens to be titled "Intro" is a pretty stereotypical composition, at least for Vader. The orchestrated sound is fantastic, however, and it leads into some back-breaking heavy death. I think Vader has one of the strongest kickdrum sounds ever, although the kick sound on their DVD was better but that's different. Same type of awesome, very punchy sound.

The same great vocals here as well, like a gutteral death growl but with a more yell-like sound. It adds a nice touch to Vader's sound, of course, as it always has. Impressions In Blood seems to just fly by while you're listening, with a lot of double-bass here, a little bit of blastbeats there... until "Helleluyah!!! (God Is Dead)" when it unexpectedly breaks down into a much slower rhythm with some orchestra arrangement within the composition... There is not much variation between the "factors" of each song, for example.. there is the strong percussion, the vocalist's Goro-like vocals, and the tremolo leads and chuggy riffs played throughout each song... By the way, Goro is the 4-armed monster from Mortal Kombat. They sound very similar in their vocals.

I can tell you this right now, check this one out when you get the chance. It may not be the most innovative of death metal, as it really does sound a lot like past Vader work, but it makes up for that with it's relentless power. Church-goers and housewives will be running for safety after you turn the volume to 11 on this brutal nugget of Vader goodness. Leaving Impressions In Blood at a record store near you.

7/10

UM's Review Rating Scale

Official Vader Website
Official Candlelight USA Website

Anybody who calls themselves a death metal fan and doesn't like this should have a mudhole stomped in them. These guys are fuckin' AWESOME and one of the best live bands in the Universe. Love Peter's vocals...so grinding yet articulate as well.

Sure it's brutal and heavy as heck, and I never said I didn't like it, actually I do. It's just the same old Vader though, nothing new like MetalNoob concurred.