Vai, Satch & PETRUCCI

Spruce Goose

Then Goose me up woman!
Apr 17, 2001
Sydney
scholar.uws.edu.au~13326874
Somone please hand me my jaw.... It's down on the floor somewhere:
G3: Satriani, Vai, Petrucci - Australia 2006
Steve will be joining Joe Satriani and John Petrucci for a long-awaited G3 tour of Australia in early December. Check back for exact dates. Check back soon for other G3 news for Mexico and South America...
Mike Portnoy has been the only drummer to drum with JP on the G3 tour so far so fingers crossed.
Fingers crossed that 2/5 of Dream Theater will be playing in December

:OMG: :OMG: :OMG:

Great news as far as getting Dream Theater downunder is concerned. Hopefully this is a great success, and I don't see why it wouldn't be. Hopefully I have the cash to be able to go.

I wonder what type of venues they will play. I think the Palais in Melb would be cool.

Yeah, cool news indeed.
I'd say they'd play similar venues to where both Vai and Satch played their individual converts. Think it was the enmore or state theatre in Sydney.

I'd love to find out who is promoting and bombard them with emails about DT. Seriously, if G3 can pull off a succesful tour with those 3, then surely DT would be a fuck off success..... I'd say their tour would shit over whatever Queensryche provided to the promoters wallet

Excuse my grave ignorance, but whats the deal with this g3 thing, i havent heard of the guys mentioned, except for portnoy

You haven't heard of Steve Vai? Joe Satriani? John Petrucci?

:erk:

You do know what a guitar is, yes?

Danallica said:
Excuse my grave ignorance, but whats the deal with this g3 thing, i havent heard of the guys mentioned, except for portnoy

You sir, are a fucking IDIOT! I don't think I have ever met someone who didn't at least know who Steve Vai and Joe Satriani are.

Southy said:
You sir, are a fucking IDIOT! I don't think I have ever met someone who didn't at least know who Steve Vai and Joe Satriani are.

haha, shoot me :headbang:

Sydo said:
You haven't heard of Steve Vai? Joe Satriani? John Petrucci?

:erk:

You do know what a guitar is, yes?

A Gui what the fuck

Im a drummer man, who gives a fuck about guitarists :erk:

Southy said:

:lol:

Spiff said:
If this does happen, expect it to be in the second half of December. Grumble grumble.

Yeah, my thoughts exactly. :(

From Blabbermouth:

---
According to a posting on bassist Billy Sheehan's (MR. BIG, DAVID LEE ROTH) official MySpace page, Billy will be joining Steve Vai on the following G3 tour dates in Australia:

Nov. 29 - Convention Center – Brisbane, AUS
Dec. 01 - Hordern Pavillion - Sydney, AUS
Dec. 02 - Regent Theatre - Melbourne, AUS
Dec. 03 - Regent Theatre - Melbourne, AUS
Dec. 04 - Regent Theatre - Melbourne, AUS
Dec. 06 - Entertainment Center - Adelaide, AUS
Dec. 08 - Challenger Stadium - Perth, AUS

More information will be made available soon.
---

The Convention Centre? Sheesh! I'm going.