Vale of Pnath <---Check this out!!!

Damn do I love that guitar tone - so "woody" sounding, for lack of a better adjective - very organic and awesome. Not diggin' the music too much; reminds me of modern deathcore-type stuff (even if there's not much core), but what production!

Thanks everyone, I'm pretty happy with the production as well.

The drummer is the same guy who did the session drums for the Martriden album. It was his kit, Yamaha Oak Customs, just tuned up a little different.

Guitars were 6505 and Mesa DR. First time I've ended up using more of the Peavey in the mix. The more I play with this amp the more I like it. Just has that attack you cant get with anything else. I was actually borrowing a Mesa oversized straight cab that i used for reamping. I had a oversized slant at the studio and the oversized straight cab with the slanted grill and that sounded totally different from each other. I don't get it. Would the little bit of extra mass in the wood lip really make that much difference? The straight cab sounded much darker and thicker and left me with less to clean up in the mix.

Vocals SM7 > Spider > RNC > DAW. Not much to tell there.

Thanks everyone, I'm pretty happy with the production as well.

The drummer is the same guy who did the session drums for the Martriden album. It was his kit, Yamaha Oak Customs, just tuned up a little different.

Guitars were 6505 and Mesa DR. First time I've ended up using more of the Peavey in the mix. The more I play with this amp the more I like it. Just has that attack you cant get with anything else. I was actually borrowing a Mesa oversized straight cab that i used for reamping. I had a oversized slant at the studio and the oversized straight cab with the slanted grill and that sounded totally different from each other. I don't get it. Would the little bit of extra mass in the wood lip really make that much difference? The straight cab sounded much darker and thicker and left me with less to clean up in the mix.

Vocals SM7 > Spider > RNC > DAW. Not much to tell there.

I wonder if those cabs have same inside design. thats crazy that they sound that much different. badass mix though mang.. as usuall..:headbang:

yeah badass mix dave!
I think the problem with the cab is more of a projection thing, but if you close mic this should be non-existent

Ha, definitely not micing the room here. If I we're to mic the room it would not be for something like this.

I had a 57 and ae3000 right on the grill. The difference in the cabs could be be different drivers or Mesa may have slightly changed the internal volume / design between the cabs. Either way I need to find out cause I want one.

Whoa, an AE 3000? The Audio Technica one? Damn, that seems like a really random choice for guitars, what made you think of it? Cuz clearly it worked!

Actually it's barley used here. I think the 57s were at unity and the ae3000 were somewhere around -24db. You're hardly hearing them on the vale stuff. However, the last Cephalic had a good bit of them and the Anadies guitar tone is mostly ae3000.

I bought one on a recommendation to try on snare and liked it a lot. I gave it a shot on a cab for the hell of it was was surprised how good it sounded. I bought a few more and use them on snare, HH, ride, china, and guitar cabs all the time. Think of it at the condenser from the bad side of town who likes to hang out with the dynamic hoodlums.