Valentine/Hugo

edgeofthorns

24 Hours Ago...
Jan 2, 2005
City beneath the surface

Any other Valentine/Hugo fans here? I discovered the Hugo/Ramos disc several months back, but just recently started listening to Valentine. I've had their debut spinning this morning, which is very good.

~Brian~

Last edited by a moderator:
I was into Hugo back when he was in Open Skyz then early solo stuff...over time, I've just lost interest. His voice is thin sounding, not to mention to obvious Steve Perry worship (not that there's anything wrong with that, necessarily...Perry rules!). I don't listen to him much anymore. Even the Hugo Ramos CD wore off pretty quickly.

I've been a Valentine fan for almost 20 years! I remember wearing out the cassette from so much play time. Just the intro to "Runnin on luck again" used to get my adrenalin kickin in. Also used to love attempting to sing along to the awesome ballads as well.

When I made the transfer to CD's Valentine was 1 of the 1st ones I picked up along with Bangalore Choir, XYZ, Babylon A.D., and Lillian Axe.

Hugo went on to form "Open Skyz" but I wasnt a big fan of that or his solo material. I've also heard the new Valentine and wasnt into that either but the original self titled on Giant Records absolutely owns. Tears in the night!

I've been a Valentine fan for almost 20 years! I remember wearing out the cassette from so much play time. Just the intro to "Runnin on luck again" used to get my adrenalin kickin in. Also used to love attempting to sing along to the awesome ballads as well.

When I made the transfer to CD's Valentine was 1 of the 1st ones I picked up along with Bangalore Choir, XYZ, Babylon A.D., and Lillian Axe.

Hugo went on to form "Open Skyz" but I wasnt a big fan of that or his solo material. I've also heard the new Valentine and wasnt into that either but the original self titled on Giant Records absolutely owns. Tears in the night!

Exactly my answer to this also :)

Hugo is/was in a Journey tribute band as well. NO ONE, and I mean NO ONE fits in Journey more than Hugo! What were they thinking? Arnel is great no doubt, but come on now!