Van Fuck'n Halen....Photo's!

thraxx

You'll Be in Hell With ME
Nov 23, 2002
www.anthrax.com
http://s38.photobucket.com/albums/e128/fullbug/?action=view&current=40.jpg

More photos have been posted online from the current VAN HALEN tour rehearsals, which are taking place in Los Angeles. Check out high-quality pictures at this location.

A report and photos have been widely distributed online from someone who got to see a VAN HALEN rehearsal at a Los Angeles location last Saturday night (September
icon_cool.gif
, rumored to be the Los Angeles Forum. The person, who wrote that he was taken to the rehearsal by a friend, described the stage has having an S-shaped runway that "snakes out into the audience," with a stage-long video screen mounted behind the performers. Guitarist Eddie Van Halen was the first to arrive, followed by his son and bassist Wolfgang and drummer Alex Van Halen. Wolfgang was accompanied by his mother and Eddie's ex-wife, Valerie Bertinelli, as well as five friends. Singer David Lee Roth arrived some time later.

Roth addressed the small crowd of approximately 40 to 50 people that watched the band run through its set, thanking them for coming and explaining where certain things would happen onstage during an actual performance. The writer said that Wolfgang Van Halen did a "fine job," but added, "I have absolutely nothing bad to say about him, but I'd be lying if I didn't say that (former bassist) Michael Anthony was missed. While Wolf competently filled the position, he doesn't have the same sound, either in his playing or in his voice, as Michael."

Roth said at the band's recent press conference announcing the tour, his first with VAN HALEN in 22 years, that it was Wolfgang who selected the songs that the band will play: "It was Wolf who picked the song list, and we've got close to 25 of your greatest hits, all the favorites that you've been hearing tearing out of the back of a pickup truck at the Burger King drive-thru for how many summertimes. It's all very well intact, stereo sound and hi-fi style."

The spy posted the complete list of songs that the band rehearsed, although not in order. Don't read further if you want to be surprised. As expected, the list included nothing past the band's first six albums, ignoring the Sammy Hagar and Gary Cherone eras of the group.

VAN HALEN rehearsal songs (not in order):

"You Really Got Me"
"Romeo Delight"
"Somebody Get Me A Doctor"
"I'm The One"
"Mean Street"
"Unchained"
"Pretty Woman"
"Dance The Night Away"
"Ice Cream Man"
"Beautiful Girls"
"So This Is Love?"
"And The Cradle Will Rock"
"Everybody Wants Some"
"I'll Wait"
"Runnin'With The Devil"
"Little Guitars"
"Jamie's Cryin'"
"Atomic Punk"
"Feel Your Love Tonight"
"Little Dreamer"
"Panama"
"Hot For Teacher"
"Ain't Talkin' 'Bout Love"
"1984"
"Jump"

Looks like Dave and Eddie are in great shape and ready to tour! I'm still not going with Michael Anthony, but I'm sure it'll still be a great show.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2YaIC7pX1ho

Without Michael Anthony this is just wrong.

I don't know, they didn't sound too bad there!

The only reason I won't be going to this show is because of the way they've treated Michael Anthony in all of this.

I certainly don't blame the kid! Who in their right mind would turn down a shot at touring with one of the biggest American bands of all time! Especially if it was a chance to tour with your dad and your uncle! How cool would that be?

^
UBER COOL.

(Oh yeah, agreed about Mike Anthony. He isn't being treated well by them at all.)

Wolfie got dad's talent but, he got his mom's tits.
Dave looks like he could stunt-double for Sigfreid and Roy with that silver outfit.