O/T: Roth back in Van Halen

dailyvault

35 and counting...
May 2, 2005
Gurnee, IL
Well, scratch David Lee Roth off the list for the new singer of Anthrax. Following is from Billboard.com via Bravewords.com:

Sources tell Billboard.com a contract could be signed as soon as today for Live Nation to produce a 40-date amphitheatre tour by VAN HALEN this summer, with original frontman DAVID LEE ROTH back in the fold for the first time in more than 20 years.

As previously reported, guitarist Eddie Van Halen's 15-year-old son Wolfgang has stepped in for original bassist Michael Anthony in the new incarnation of the group, which also features drummer Alex Van Halen.

Van Halen last toured in 2004 with vocalist SAMMY HAGAR, grossing nearly $40 million, according to Billboard Boxscore. Hagar refused to collaborate further with Eddie and Alex Van Halen after the tour's completion ("I don't get along with Eddie anymore, and that's all there is to it," he told Billboard.com in August 2005), although he has consistently played live with Anthony in recent years. The warring factions may wind up meeting in public in March when Van Halen is inducted into the Rock and Roll Hall of Fame.

"I see it absolutely as an inevitability," Roth told Billboard.com last May of a potential reunion with his ex-bandmates. "To me, it's not rocket surgery. It's very simple to put together. And as far as hurt feelings and water under the dam, like what's-her-name says to what's-her-name at the end of the movie 'Chicago' -- 'So what? It's showbiz!' So I definitely see it happening."

I can't even pretend to give a rat's ass about VH anymore. :(

Why? Does it bother you when a band keeps changing singers and you never really know what direction they're going in if any direction at all?
Come to think of it, VH reminds me of somebody...

Why? Does it bother you when a band keeps changing singers and you never really know what direction they're going in if any direction at all?
Come to think of it, VH reminds me of somebody...

:lol: Honestly they haven't done anything new in years. DLR did that lame blue grass crap and the band brought in Eddie's nephew or kid to play bass. They are clinging to straws. It's sad. Time to punch out.

They need to get Michael Anthony back in the band. He's more important than all 3 singers combined. Nothing against Wolfgang, but without Michael Anthony it's not Van Halen, it's The Eddie Van Halen-band.

+1 It's too bad that Dave is that much of a sucker that he's going to play in The Van Halen Family Band Featuring DLR...But the simple fact remains..
Van Halen is... Eddie Van Halen
Alex Van Halen
Michael Anthony
David Lee Roth

No Michael Anthony....No Van Halen!!! Plain and simple!!!!

They need to get Michael Anthony back in the band. He's more important than all 3 singers combined. Nothing against Wolfgang, but without Michael Anthony it's not Van Halen, it's The Eddie Van Halen-band.

I wouldn't have gone back. I don't like the idea of my placement in the band depending on the mood of one member: the guitarist. There's no security in it. Halfway through the tour Roth will probably say something that pisses off EVH and get kicked out again.

This is from Ross Halfins (the music photograper) site.

"Edward is in a great mood, he's easy to work with. And I'm not saying who or what I shot, but I will tell you Edward played a couple of cds which I thought were from 1978 (it was from two days ago) of Van Halen rehearsing with Wolfgang Van Halen on bass. It was jaw-droppingly amazing. They played On Fire, I'm The One, Atomic Punk. I'm not listing the rest, but I will tell you the band sounded untouchable. On Jamie's Crying they did a long bass-lead jam on the intro - the band rocked. I don't like that word (too American) but the band rock - really rock. It was as exciting as the first time I saw them. They will come back and destroy the world. One of the tightest, freshest sounding groups ever. I want to go and play the first album as soon as I get home. Had a blast listening to them, it made me remember why I liked music in the first place. Having Edward's son on bass has rejuvenated them."

Sounds like they have been rehersing some cracking songs 'On Fire, I'm The One, Atomic Punk' . As much as DLR and EVH are legends, they have big egos and it will go off big time.

But i'd love to see it even if Dave can't sing so good and he can get himself a wig to cover that bald spot

+1 It's too bad that Dave is that much of a sucker that he's going to play in The Van Halen Family Band Featuring DLR...But the simple fact remains..
Alex Van Halen
Michael Anthony
David Lee Roth

since EVH wanted DLR again, Diamond Dave should have requested MA in the line-up, we all know he is the complement of VH's vocals live :kickass:

I really think they'll get into an argument at the Rock And Roll Hall Of Fame ceremony and that will be the end.

Alex Van Halen
Michael Anthony
David Lee Roth

I agree with U BRO...NO ANTHONY!!!!!!!!!NO VAN-HALEN!!!!!!!!!!!!!

NOW LISTEN TO IRON MAIDEN.......I HEARD BRUCE IS BACK FOR GOOD!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
BLAZE IS OUT!!!!!!!!!!!:headbang: :headbang: :headbang: :headbang: :headbang: :headbang: :headbang: