Van Halen back with Sammy!!!!

Monsters of Rock tour was decent. I was drinking in the lot and missed Kingdom Come and half of Dokken, but Scorps, the Met and Vh were decent. Sammy did a killer solo semi acoustic version of 'Eagles'. For the encore, Nugent came out and they did 'Rock and Roll'

I remember that performance of "Where Eagles Fly" by Sammy. It was good. As for the Scorps, that was on the Savage Amusement tour and they were at the very top of their game at that point. Kingdom Come got slapped with a "Led Zepplin" rip off wanna be, but they were decent and their drummer was a badass...........and we all know that drumming is all that REALLY matters. I remember Lars coming to the side of the stage and watching this guy's drum solo. He was damn good.

Armored Thrax said:
I remember that performance of "Where Eagles Fly" by Sammy. It was good. As for the Scorps, that was on the Savage Amusement tour and they were at the very top of their game at that point. Kingdom Come got slapped with a "Led Zepplin" rip off wanna be, but they were decent and their drummer was a badass...........and we all know that drumming is all that REALLY matters. I remember Lars coming to the side of the stage and watching this guy's drum solo. He was damn good.
Do you really think Savage Amusement was better than Blackout or Animal Magnetism? Wasn't Kingdom Come the influence for the song Led Clones by Ozzy and Garry Moore?

Ty,

Just thought this was funny. You ever see Airheads--the movie with Sandler and Brendan Frasier. There's a scene in there where they ask a guy trying to come in the door which Van Halen was better--with Sammy or with DLR. THe guy says "Sammy" and Brendan Frasier starts yelling "Cop, Cop, he's a cop" Fucking hilarious. :lol: Personally, I don't have a big preference for either guy. You sound like you are a big-time fan.

GASOLINEDREAM said:
Ty,

Just thought this was funny. You ever see Airheads--the movie with Sandler and Brendan Frasier. There's a scene in there where they ask a guy trying to come in the door which Van Halen was better--with Sammy or with DLR. THe guy says "Sammy" and Brendan Frasier starts yelling "Cop, Cop, he's a cop" Fucking hilarious. :lol: Personally, I don't have a big preference for either guy. You sound like you are a big-time fan.

I love that fuckin' movie. Airheads, Office Space, Kung Pow and Super Troopers are well played faves around my house - CHICKEN FUCKER! BAWWWWWK!

TD said:
From Melodic Rock dot com:
t's Official: VAN HALEN WILL RETURN IN 2004 - AT LONG LAST!
------------------------------------------------------------------------
VAN HALEN WILL RETURN IN 2004 - AT LONG LAST!:

I was told that bass player Michael Anthony was not present at the first meeting and I am not yet aware of him meeting again with Ed and Alex, who he hasn't talked to for a couple of years now. But I was told that Sammy has insisted that Michael is part of the re-union line-up.
YOU WERE SAYING???

GASOLINEDREAM said:
Ty,

Or like in the Wedding Singer, when he says "Now get out of my Van Halen t-shirt before you jinx the band and they break up." :lol:

TD said:
Screw all of you Van Hagar bashers, I just stumbled in from a night of partying with the boys, and we were cranking "Don't Tell Me." Me and my boys know what's up :)
Touchy, touchy. I don't particularly have a preference to either singer. And I don't care if they get back together or not, because the shit's getting old to me. I won't mention what it's starting to remind me of, because you'll never talk to me again. :p

bRaTpRiNcEsS said:
Touchy, touchy. I don't particularly have a preference to either singer. And I don't care if they get back together or not, because the shit's getting old to me. I won't mention what it's starting to remind me of, because you'll never talk to me again. :p

Fuck it - I'll say it. They remind me of KISS. Yes KISS , w/ all this reunion bullshit and attempting to bring back former members and replacing ppl w/ ppl who CANT fill the shoes (Van Cherone anyone?) ....i swear if they had released that cd under another band name I wouldve bought it. It was decent but NOT Van Halen. Christ, next thing you know they'll be asking Celine dion to be there singer. Arrg I hate this kind of shit. I hate it when bands continue to sully their good names. I say this b/c I care..not b/c I hate them.