Van Halen bombs in Fargo

Greeno

Oct 14, 2003
WV USA
So what do you think caused this, the ticket prices or the fact no one is interested in VH anymore. I'm thinking it's the ticket prices. I don't know how many people the "Fargodome" seats but I'm guessing that 4,618 people would barely fill the floor seats.

+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++
blabbermouth.net

Fargo, North Dakota's In-Forum.com is reporting that the Halloween VAN HALEN concert at the Fargodome ended up costing the facility $25,000 to pull off. That money was paid to the promoter, Joe Fletcher Presents, to offset his loss.

Fargodome General Manager Rob Sobolik said the promoter, who fronted the money to bring the act to the dome, will lose about $250,000 on the dismally attended concert.

The $25,000 came from an event promotion fund in the 2004 dome budget.

"It (the concert) just didn't work," Sobolik said at a Fargo Dome Authority meeting Monday night (Nov. 29). "I learned a lesson about what people are willing to pay for a ticket."

VAN HALEN tickets ranged from $40 to $84.50. Ticket prices are set by the promoter and the act. The Fargodome even tried slashing ticket prices for a short time period, but that didn't do much for overall sales. The VAN HALEN concert had 4,618 paid attendees.

Well....
I must say I have heard many reports of Edward not being up to snuff on this tour. It pains me to say it but maybe VH scared off one too many fans with the VH 3 cd with Cherone at the mic. I really think that did it. Then, they were away for too long. AND ALSO, they do virtually NO press now that they are reunited and touring and only 3 new tracks. I honestly don't think a lot of people even KNOW that they are on tour. They ain't in the mags....also high ticket prices, but that's everybody...

I don't get too excited over the prospect of paying for the cheapest seat ($40!) only to be sitting at the top of the venue looking down. I'm sure a lot of others felt the same. Those tickets should have been 50% less to start off with.

I also agree about the lack of promotion being a major cause.

tedvanfrehley said:
I honestly don't think a lot of people even KNOW that they are on tour.
No shit mate! o_O I sure didn't!

Those prices work out at about £24 - £50? Too much. £24 tops I'd say.