Van Halen - On Tour - Take II

I would not pay $50 for this shlock if they were headlining BB Kings and giving away first entry with an autographed poster.

BTW, the $4K tix a pair for MSG in November are VIP slots. Backstage passes are included, as well as a party. Here are the gory details: First row center VIP Van Halen laminate! Backstage tour! Pre-show party !Exclusive Van Halen gift bag! Crowd-free merchandise shopping!

23 years ago, I'd say "Buy it!" Today it's the "Full Moon"! i.e. "Run away, run away, run away!"

Well, my wife wants to go, so I grabbed 2 tickets to the Greensboro show. Second price level, $75 + ticketbastard, upper level, ugh. I'm holding out hope that it will be a good show.

Michael Anthony's backing vocals will be severely missed. I hope they don't insult us by adding any pre-recorded vocals of his to the mix.

Just as I suspected...it's gonna be huge. Per Melodicrock.com.

VAN HALEN TOUR IMMEDIATELY SELLS OUT DATES, ADDITIONAL SHOWS ADDED:
Press Release / Tickets for the first Van Halen tour in more than 22 years with David Lee Roth as lead vocalist went on sale this weekend and resulted in immediate sell outs in multiple markets around the country, including Charlotte, Detroit (Palace), 2 shows in Toronto, 2 in Chicago and one in Philadelphia. Tour producer Live Nation immediately added additional shows in Philadelphia (WachoviaCenter 10/3) and Detroit (Joe Louis Arena 10/20) which will go on sale this Saturday, August 25th.
An additional stop was also scheduled for Washington, DC's VerizonCenter (11/1), extending Van Halen's historic trek to 29 dates in all. Tickets for the Washington, DC date will go on sale this Friday, August 24th. In addition, tickets for the band's October 30th show at Boston's TD Banknorth Garden go on sale this Saturday, August 25th.
A complete list of confirmed dates is attached and more information and tickets are available at www.LiveNation.com. Additional announcements regarding on sale dates will be made in the coming weeks. Individuals who have the Citi® / AAdvantage® card, the official credit card of the tour, will be offered access to purchase preferred seats to all U.S. shows.

So far the only band that has done a great return and should have charged high prices but did not is Heaven and Hell.

H&H did it right by not charging their fans a house mortgage to see them. They had/have the right tour package, kept the prices in a decent price range and sold out every show. Plus Dio still has a good voice.

I know that on Ebay some H&H shows were going at crazy prices but that's ebay. With prices at some of the ticket agencies going for $1400+, who's to say what sellers on Ebay are going to list them for.

The unfortunate fact is that when Black Sabbath goes back with Ozzy the price may skyrocket again (Thanks $haron).

I think I will go. Maybe they are old, but probably once in a lifetime chance to see lthis lineup.