Van Halen Postpones Gwinnett center show on Monday

Metal 99

Sep 15, 2006
Just got a message from the Gwinnett center that the monday Night van Halen show has been postponed, No other details were mentioned so i guess i stay home monday night!!

yea the Charlotsville show here tonite was also postponed. little wierd because yesterday the arena website put up a announcement saying the show would go on tonight no matter about the weather. so basically no refunds until today between 1 and 3 they put up the postponment annoncement. A LITTLE fishy if you ask me.

Aha, maybe the tour/reunion imploded.

Didn't we have a betting pool here on when that would take place? :lol:

so this means you all can see Halcyon Way that night at the Masquerade instead! :heh:

I can't, because I've been subpoenaed to appear in court wayyyy early on Monday morning, about the drunk-driver lady who hit me a year ago.
Bleah.
But, bringing it full circle, I have to appear in court in Lawrenceville, and only a few blocks from the real, actual Halcyon Way. :kickass:
I'll think of you while I drive by that street sign in an exhausted stupor. :lol:

posted on another board:

I saw Van Halen in Sacramento back in November. The show was awesome, band was tight...but most importantly...Eddie was fantastic. His performance in 2004 was horrible, and his drinking got bad. So I wasn't expecting much.

Tonight, while working West Palm Beach, I drove to Ft Lauderdale to see them again. Oh my....The first hour of the show....Fantastic...Top notch. Eddie's playing was great...jumping around again.

By the second hour....he was getting sloppy....just not sharp. By the last 3 songs? OH MY GOD.....his solo, was pretty much like 2004....just a bunch of noise...I call it..."Exploration into Feedback". Played all of 10 seconds of Eruption....then botched the fast picking part, so he skipped and moved on to Easy dive bombs.

During his solo...he fell on the floor...landed on his back near his speakers...and made more feedback. Then tried to "Curly" circles on the ground, but his feet hit his amps. So he gets up.

By the intro to Ain't Talkin' 'Bout Love....he came in 1 measure too soon....Wolfie and Alex kept going...Roth acted like nothing wrong. Eddie gets back on track.....then after the song, adjusts his mic...and fell forward and rolled to his back. He gets up and road fixes the mic.

Jump...fortunately, is mostly recorded keyboards....but Eddie managed to completely screw up the solo.

When the show ended.....Wolfie took off his bass...and looked visibly upset...he literally threw it 25 feet across the stage...hit the floor and a roadie snagged it....after a brief bow...Wolfie quickly headed backstage, and it appeared he pushed two cabinets...which fell over and landed on the stage right in front of Dave, as he went backstage.

^ Wow. I'm really glad nothing like this happened at the Phillips Arena. I was expecting sloppiness, but the entire band was tight from start to finish (except Hot For Teacher, hahaha). Eddie was awesome - seeing Eruption performed was a religious experience, though the sound went out on him during the last part of it (thankfully, he re-did it when the sound came back), and he seemed to be enjoying himself. I was mostly skeptical about Diamond Dave prior to the show, but damn was that man ON! I hope they straighten out whatever problems they're having :erk:

Well, VAN HALEN will (not) be performing on Monday night with HALCYON WAY....instead, MARC RIZZO from Soulfly will be performing with HALCYON WAY. We had to act quick to find a new opening act when VH cancelled out.....