Van Halen Reunion Tour

I might see them here. I did catch the last tour with Hagar. Sammy sounded pretty good. EVH was awful though. I was looking forward to his guitar solo. It was wretched. Unfocused and all over the place. The guy with more of the substance abuse problem is definitely Eddie and not DLR. I actually haven't really heard that DLR ever had a huge problem. I am sure he likes to drink, but I haven't heard that he ever reach the lows of Eddie.
You are right. The thing is, that it shows more in DLR, since he instrument is his voice. And any little or big thing seems to fuck up vocal performance. I once heard someone sing like shit, just because they had a big meal beforehand. :lol: Whereas a functional alcoholic might be able to get away with playing guitar well. From what you said, I guess EVH isn't even a functional alcoholic either.

I think Van Halen and the Police should do a co-headlining tour, that way the last show of the touring run, which may not necessarily be the last show booked, can end in a PPV cage match.

Except when GNR actually shows up on time and plays gigs, they are supposedly better than ever. Which doesn't surprise me when they have Bumblefoot as one of the guitarists.

His choice of his son on bass is odd. But whatever. I still hope this goes well. Hopefully DLR has worked on his vocals. Its his last chance for redemption in this lifetime.

l think it's interesting that everyone is mentioning DLR's vocals when his vocals have never...and l repeat never...been his strong point. Even back in the day when VH was at the top of the heap, DLR was a lackluster singer at best. l saw many of those shows & have bootleg vids of some also. There were alot of instances where he just blew off singing half the song. Hell...he made that part of his stage show. What DLR was and hopefully still is...is the ultimate frontman. There has been no equal.

l think it's interesting that everyone is mentioning DLR's vocals when his vocals have never...and l repeat never...been his strong point. Even back in the day when VH was at the top of the heap, DLR was a lackluster singer at best. l saw many of those shows & have bootleg vids of some also. There were alot of instances where he just blew off singing half the song. Hell...he made that part of his stage show. What DLR was and hopefully still is...is the ultimate frontman. There has been no equal.
True. He was a great frontman!

I agree 100%. I always thought DLR was an excellent frontman but never that great of a singer. I think Sammy was a great singer but not the frontman DLR was.

I forsee VH trying to promote this and play arena's, but think this also will be a failing effort. I also expect there to be some pretty high ticket prices which would rule me out all together because I would not go to see this with low expectations and a huge ticketprice. I want to hear Summer Nights and Dreams and don't think Dave will sing any of Sammy's songs.

I remember a couple of years ago DLR playing a New Years Eve show here in the Orlando area and the ticketprice was like just under $175.00 person for general admission. NO F$#@%*&# WAY. If that was a solo show on New Years, then what will they charge for a VH show?

This is an absolute can't miss. I realize that there will be something missing, but I would regret not seeing this performance. Long live DLR!!!

True. He was a great frontman!

The operative word is "was". He could not even last on the radio, and some people think he can still play front. DLR is far beyond done. He is so done, he makes Ozzy look like Khan. Never mind backflips, if he moves his finger, he will be looking for some Geritol. DLR should just hang them up, and enjoy life at the old headbangers home.

I forsee VH trying to promote this and play arena's, but think this also will be a failing effort. I also expect there to be some pretty high ticket prices which would rule me out all together because I would not go to see this with low expectations and a huge ticketprice. I want to hear Summer Nights and Dreams and don't think Dave will sing any of Sammy's songs.

I remember a couple of years ago DLR playing a New Years Eve show here in the Orlando area and the ticketprice was like just under $175.00 person for general admission. NO F$#@%*&# WAY. If that was a solo show on New Years, then what will they charge for a VH show?

Ticket prices were probably inflated since it was New Year's Eve, and sometimes that includes a meal or open bar.

You're right though, they probably won't do any Sammy songs, and I wouldn't want to see VH and not hear them play Right Now.