Van Helsing

i loved it, man. stupid rolling stone magazine gave it 1 star, which backed up my theory that THEY SUCK!, but i really did like that movie. i didnt know what exactly to think going in, but it definately turned out great. sorta like a hellboy meets league of extraordinary gentlemen, but it puts both those movies to shame. anyone have a few hrs to themselves, GO SEE VAN HELSING!!!! yeah man i remember liking the music a lot, too. i think it was like some 5/4 flamenco-industrial thing, only it was good.

There is a movie coming out called Alone in the Dark (which I think is based off of a vid game). The soundtrack is going to be metal music (and not nu metal). I read that confirmed bands on the soundtrack so far are Soilwork, In Flames, and Mnemic. I also read that there is talk about putting some Edguy and Nightwish on it as well. I am interested to see if they put more power/prog metal on it in the futere, guess I will find out soon.

symphonyXjapan said:
There is a movie coming out called Alone in the Dark (which I think is based off of a vid game). The soundtrack is going to be metal music (and not nu metal). I read that confirmed bands on the soundtrack so far are Soilwork, In Flames, and Mnemic. I also read that there is talk about putting some Edguy and Nightwish on it as well. I am interested to see if they put more power/prog metal on it in the futere, guess I will find out soon.

Well considering the Soilwork and In Flames songs on it are from their latest albums there will be nu metal on it :p . I hope Nightwish and Edguy make it, that'd be great exposure for them, but I'm not holding my breath.

I liked the movie. Although it suffered from a lack of plot at times, and had a stupid ending, I loved the monsters. I listened to Iced Earth's "Horrow Show" afterwards, since it's all I could think of when each new monster appeared.

It was a great movie up untill the end, WHAT THE HELL was with the ending. Lets see, She fights all kinds of monsters, gets thrown around all over the place, yet, all he does is push her on a couch and she dies, WHAT THE HELL?!?!?!? Underworld was so much better....
Anyone seen Troy yet?

Pfft. Troy, should have the Odyssey playing throughout the movie. just looping over and over again. I dont care what the movie was, if it had the Odyssey playing over and over, it'd be a great movie IMO

Van Helsing = meh, every 10yr old boys wet dream. It was a fun movie, I want Kate's outfit! But nothing special. The Mummy was better (Rachel Wiesz = hubba hubba). And I already knew you have to view the movie through child like wonder, but even then it was a bit too silly to keep ignoring in some parts. The part with the werewolf where you get introduced to Kate scared the shit outta me, Hugh made a pretty good lookin werewolf too i must add. Those supermodels were hot but nothing but shrieking harpies really.

Troy = Brad looked hot except for the botox and collagen overload (the man couldnt even pull a decent facial expression he was that stiff)

Eric Bana = excellent!! Go The Aussies!! We are taking over hollywood in a big way baby! (There were 3 Aussies in main roles in Troy not to mention we all know Hugh is in the other movie).

Odysseus = Boromir = Sean Bean = My Future Sugar Daddy! I just LOVE Sean Bean.

Paris = Legolas (when he uses the bow and arrow in the end I couldnt help but have LOTR flashbacks) = whiny no good woosy loser who should have been tossed overboard with that annoying Aryan woman. A tip to men out there, your gf is not worth having your country invaded for.

All in all = hmm decent flick, bit boring in parts but generally not too bad. I wish now they would make The Odyssey with Sean Bean as Odysseus.