Vanden Plas - 'Christ 0' audio samples

I'm really looking forward to this one. It seems like forever since Beyond Daylight came out. VP is a just a cut above the vast majority of other bands out there, so I'm sure the final product will be excellent like usual.

Britt

These guys have to come back to play Progpower.

I'll say it once, I'll say it again. Best band at Progpower IV and one of the best bands to grace the Progpower stage.

This album is going to kick all kinds of ass. I can't wait to hear the rest of it.

YtseJammer said:

I'll say it once, I'll say it again. Best band at Progpower IV and one of the best bands to grace the Progpower stage.

This album is going to kick all kinds of ass. I can't wait to hear the rest of it.

l agree with all the above.

great news! i'm very psyched for this for 3 reasons

1. it's Vanden Plas
2. i have read the book they based this on
3. well the way they chose to write the title, and since i'm a believer ;)

YtseJammer said:

I agree with you! One of the best bands to ever play progpower! It was a great show! :)

I can't really tell much by the clips, but I bought "The God THing" in '97 or maybe '98 after stumbling across some MP3s of theirs. I had to buy it as an import and paid over $30 for it. It was worth every cent. The next release, "Far Off Grace" and the latest "Beyond Daylight" are also exceptional. Vanden Plas has "something" that I can't describe nor really even put my finger on that seperates them from some of my other very favorite bands in the prog metal genre that makes them special. It is difficult for a band to continuously fork out the quality of releases VP does, but since it was 2002 that BD was released, I am hoping and expecting another masterpiece from this very talented teutonic quintet.

Btw, Vanden Plas also has an official US site and the downloads are also available there as well. www.faroffgrace.com

Bryant

YtseJammer said:
Although I'm a bigger fan of SX than VP, VP's was my favorite performance of PPIV. And though their status in the Metal world doesn't warrant it, I'd personally be quite pleased if they took the now vacated Saturday night headline spot.

Not surprisingly, the new sound samples sound fantastic. A great band, who doesn't get nearly the credit they deserve.

Zod

General Zod said:
Although I'm a bigger fan of SX than VP, VP's was my favorite performance of PPIV. And though their status in the Metal world doesn't warrant it, I'd personally be quite pleased if they took the now vacated Saturday night headline spot.

Not surprisingly, the new sound samples sound fantastic. A great band, who doesn't get nearly the credit they deserve.

Zod

Not to toot my own horn, but I think I have pushed VP on EVERY forum that I post on (did that with Tad Morose as well.) They have this "something" about them that stands out. Maybe it is their transitions. Though not very "proggy" typically for a prog band, they are so seemless with their transitions, you don't realize it's "prog." At the same time, I know a few "prog-heads" that really only care for the stuff that is a challenging listen that love VP. Vanden Plas has somehow (and I am stealing this from Shaye) come up with the perfect marriage of musicality and songwriting.
I remember you during the VP set because you and I were next to each other. I couldn't have knocked you in the head with a frying pan and removed the grin off of your face. Being the VP nut I am, I am sure I was absolutely glowing. Their performance is the best (a three way tie) that I have seen at PP along with Angel Dust and Tad Morose.

Bryant

I spoke with Andy after his performance and he was so sincere and truly interested in how his fans perceived his voice. I honestly told him it was one of the best performances of the show that year. He seemed honored to hear that many people I had spoken to had agreed with my assessment. They would be honored and privileged to headline this prestigious festival and with Christ O on the way, it may be the way to go for Glenn.