Vanden Plas....DVD?

YtseJammer

Mar 22, 2002
Long Island, NY
Visit site
Courtesy of Blabbermouth:

German progressive metallers VANDEN PLAS have issued the following update:

"The VANDEN PLAS show at the ProgPower USA VIII festival on October 4 will be recorded for a possible DVD release, if the recording turns out well.

"The VANDEN PLAS rock musical 'Christ 0' will be played at the Staatstheater am Gärtnerplatz in Munich, Germany! The musical will feature all songs from the 'Christ 0' album plus other VANDEN PLAS songs and two new ones. These are the confirmed dates: April 11, 2008 (premier), 18, 25; May 3 , 17; June 7, 14, 28; July 4, 11, 18, 24, 26, 28, 30.

For more info and ticket ordering, go to the Staatstheater website.

"Another new VANDEN PLAS theater project is 'Ludus Danielis - The Play of Daniel' — a mystery play by Günter Werno and Johannes Reitmeier. The premier will be on January 12, 2008 at the Pfalztheater Kaiserslautern."

That's fuckin' awesome! I wonder if that means we are going to be treated to Christ 0 in its entirety?

This is really great news!!! I'm sure Vanden Plas will put on a really great show on Thursday night.
Plus... Correct me if I am wrong but I think the whole festival is going to be filmed again for DVD...

Hope I'm right.

Christ.0 is one of the weaker VP cds in my opinion. If they were going to do an entire album, I'd prefer they did The God Thing or Far Off Grace, but honestly I'd rather just see them play a nice mix of all their material and do a little bit longer of a show.

Christ.0 is one of the weaker VP cds in my opinion. If they were going to do an entire album, I'd prefer they did The God Thing or Far Off Grace, but honestly I'd rather just see them play a nice mix of all their material and do a little bit longer of a show.

Agreed. Christ O is good. Far Off Grace, The God Thing and Beyond Daylight are superior, however.

Here's hoping for a solid 2 hour set spanning their entire catalog....

I love CHRIST O.... I would be ecstatic if they played the whole thing!!! I dont think they have a bad song period....that's how much I like them. They are my Dad's second favorite band behind Dream Theater... we both cant wait to see them...hell that's why we sponsored them!!!

I would definately not mind Christ.0 in its entirety it is an amazing album. Plus it still leaves them with time to play some of the other material which is also amazing.

I'd like to see them play a song or two from Abydos. "Silence" would be an excellent choice. "You Broke The Sun" and "Coppermoon" would be great too.