van's best drumming

• Thread starter devy_metal@unhandbored
  • Start date
Souls of Black said:
I don't know of any of Van's drums I don't like. :headbang:

But to me, watching him drum live just slays all. :worship: He looks so effortless while pulling off insane material.

Go Van!!

Lol i like it when he just looks around while doing some insanely hard drumming "Hmm wonder what I'll have for dinner today *drum fill*"

MetalMessiah9999 said:
Lol i like it when he just looks around while doing some insanely hard drumming "Hmm wonder what I'll have for dinner today *drum fill*"

Exactly. He reminds me of Neil Peart like that, I swear Neil is like writing lyrics in his head for the next album while playing live. :err:

who cares....it sounds like like bill ward which counts hey!!!

van rules on all songs. he takes jeff's angular and staccato riffage and makes it all flow. he's one of my favorite drummers really, and not because of crazy speed or crazy fills, he just has fucking style.

neal said:
van rules on all songs. he takes jeff's angular and staccato riffage and makes it all flow. he's one of my favorite drummers really, and not because of crazy speed or crazy fills, he just has fucking style.

Exactly, goes with what I said before. Style, speed, precision, what else you want??

Favorite Van moments:

Sea of Possibilities (my fave Van performance)
Poison Godmachine
The Death of Passion
Dead Heart In A Dead World
The Tiannenmen Man
The Seven Tongues of God
Passenger (like Rick Miah and Shaun Steels, Van knows how to keep a doom-song interesting)
Seed Awekening
Ambivalent
A Future Uncertain
Born