Varg Vikernes a free man

Jackson Rathbone, the teen heartthrob from "Twilight", has reportedly agreed to play Vikernes in the upcoming movie "Lords Of Chaos".

o_O

I'm hoping a new Burzum album, but if he chooses do so I'm not making any expectations. He's been away from the scene for a long time, and his last two albums were made on synthesizers. Whatever comes out though, whether it's an ambient masterpiece, a hypnotizing black metal album, a progressive neofolk album, hell even he released a deathcore album I'm sure it's probably sound good.

After so many years away from Metal, could he still release something good and relevant?

I guess we will see...assuming he goes forward with music again.

Good yes, relevant? Well relevant is a rather ambiguous term in my opinion. His music in the past never attempted to be relative to anything but what he had in his head, a fantastical hypnotizing state of escapist trance. He forged himself his own little fantastical musical realm, and it attracted many other listeners and a huge deal of respect. If he can build something so personal and relevant to himself, I think it will be relevant to the same sort of people that he attracted in the past and the same sort of people his music attracts today.

I doubt that he makes very much money from his music, especially considering that he didn't collect any profits from anything sold while he was in jail.

not much but I heard his mother collected them for awhile, maybe his girlfriend I don't know if she still does. They sell Burzum at trend stores like best buy lol, they only sell what sales.

I doubt that he makes very much money from his music, especially considering that he didn't collect any profits from anything sold while he was in jail.

He still has a massive debt to repay for the damages caused by the arsons and I think accepting money from Cymophane Records would cause some trouble with his release.

about time

What? I don't get why everyone acts like it's a good thing that Varg got / is getting released.

He's a murderous racist asshole. End of.

I could understand you being pleased if you're holding out for the possibility that he'll release more Black Metal albums, but you want to know something? He won't.

In two separate articles on his official site, he completely dismisses any possibility of ever playing Black Metal again. Ever.

In one article he specifically said that guitars were "my pals instruments" and Black Metal was "my pals music" and he wanted to have nothing to do with either ever again

In the last few years, he talked about how he wanted to record new music that he described as similar to Filosofem.

There's also no indication that he's dangerous anymore, and he's clearly more interested in spending more time with his family, and being a father to his children, than he is in killing members of Mayhem. You apparently aren't aware that he has had extended leaves from prison in the last few years, during which time he was free to roam about in public, often with absolutely no supervision. The only thing that he did was shop and devote his short amount of free time to his family.

Not to mention that he's totally distanced himself from his previous ideologies in interviews and hasn't been in contact with any white supremacist groups for years.

They sell Burzum at trend stores like best buy lol, they only sell what sales.

I don't know which Best Buy you have been to, but I have never seen Burzum there, or in any other big chain store. Maybe a place like FYE may have it, but even that I haven't seen yet.

In the last few years, he talked about how he wanted to record new music that he described as similar to Filosofem.

There's also no indication that he's dangerous anymore, and he's clearly more interested in spending more time with his family, and being a father to his children, than he is in killing members of Mayhem. You apparently aren't aware that he has had extended leaves from prison in the last few years, during which time he was free to roam about in public, often with absolutely no supervision. The only thing that he did was shop and devote his short amount of free time to his family.

Not to mention that he's totally distanced himself from his previous ideologies in interviews and hasn't been in contact with any white supremacist groups for years.

Given up his past ideologies? Right. I guess that's why just a couple of months ago I wandered onto the Burzum site, and he was endorsing a Burzum anthology released by a white supremacist record label.

Yeah, he just wandered around. That's not an indicator that he isn't still batshit crazy, it's just an indicator that he didn't do anything crazy while he was out.

And it wasn't so long ago that he escaped and got caught with enough firepower to take down every man woman and child in Norway. Wasn't that back in 2002 / 2003?

Given up his past ideologies? Right. I guess that's why just a couple of months ago I wandered onto the Burzum site, and he was endorsing a Burzum anthology released by a white supremacist record label.

You realize that aside from the news section on the main page, nothing on that website has been updated in years, right? Varg also isn't the person who maintains the site.