Vargnatt tape

Moonshield

Revenant
Nov 17, 2001
UK
Does anyone here have an original copy of the Varngatt '93 promo? If you do, please send me a private message. And before you start wondering, I'm not going to offer to buy it off you or anything, I have a question about it.

While Moonshield asks the question about it, I can make you an offer to purchase it. :D

It would appear nobody has one. Well, I'll just stick the question up here then. I have a Vargnatt tape, and when I bought it a while back, the guy told me it was a real one and that he'd bought it from a distro years ago. I'm not 100% sure if it's real or not though, and I'm trying to verify it. It doesn't matter much to me if it isn't, because the music still rules and it was far from expensive. But I'd still like to know. There are 2 things about it which make me a little unsure:
1) The little box where the number is written on is a bit dark, obviously photocopied. Of course, the band themselves probably photocopied the inserts, so that may be why. But it's not white, and I'm sure I've seen a picture of a tape where the box was white. The number itself looks like it was written on though, there are indentations from the pen tip.
2) The cassette itself is clear, and has two blank white labels stuck on either side with no writing or print on them.

Anyone know/have an opinion then? Like I say, if it's a bootleg then it's a bootleg. I'm not crying over it. But if it's real, then kick ass.

Well, it's definitely the same as that, I just don't know if it's been photocopied from an original, or if it's real. Not to worry...

Spaffe: Just to confirm, your CD is on the way.

Moonshield said:
It would appear nobody has one. Well, I'll just stick the question up here then. I have a Vargnatt tape, and when I bought it a while back, the guy told me it was a real one and that he'd bought it from a distro years ago. I'm not 100% sure if it's real or not though, and I'm trying to verify it. It doesn't matter much to me if it isn't, because the music still rules and it was far from expensive. But I'd still like to know. There are 2 things about it which make me a little unsure:
1) The little box where the number is written on is a bit dark, obviously photocopied. Of course, the band themselves probably photocopied the inserts, so that may be why. But it's not white, and I'm sure I've seen a picture of a tape where the box was white. The number itself looks like it was written on though, there are indentations from the pen tip.
2) The cassette itself is clear, and has two blank white labels stuck on either side with no writing or print on them.

Anyone know/have an opinion then? Like I say, if it's a bootleg then it's a bootleg. I'm not crying over it. But if it's real, then kick ass.

Yeah that's an original. I have it too and mine is genuine. There have been several bootlegs floating around.

J
np - The Black Heart Procession - I CD

I WANT ONE TOO!!!!

I hate to buy used tapes though, you never know how many times they were played.

phyre said:
You don't buy original & rare demos to PLAY them. :p
I would only play it once to copy it. Then I would bubble wrap it and it put it somewhere safe with the rest of my rare crap. :)