Various Artists - Identity 7: Deadly Sins

Mark

Not blessed, or merciful
Apr 11, 2001
Sarf Lundin, Innit
Various Artists - Identity 7: Deadly Sins
Century Media - 2001
By Rodrigo

The latest and now seventh volume in the Century Media Identity series is out and it contains plenty of great songs. In this release you get 19 songs from 19 different bands all for a very cheap price. The artwork is actually done by Travis Smith and he does a great job interpreting the seven deadly sins in his artwork. All these songs come from the latest release of each band and I was already familiar with most of them.

There are truly a great number of songs like "The River Dragon Has Come" by Nevermore , "Jack" by Iced Earth , "Shroud" by Cryptopsy, "Corpsecry" by Sigh and "Witches Winter Eternal" by Onward . It was also the first opportunity to listen to a song, "Take to the Sky", from the new album, Mechanized Warfare by Jag Panzer. The lyrical theme reminded me of "Aces High" and one can’t help but just scream along to the chorus. Other bands that are also included include Lacuna Coil, …And Oceans and The Forsaken

From the few bands that I was not familiar with none of them really got my attention. "Without Water" is a song from the much talked about Candiria and while they are different from other bands, this song just does not move me. I also do not understand what the big deal about Stuck Mojo is since I also disliked their song "Ten Years".

Compilations are usually not my cup of tea but this is actually a very cool album. With so many different bands, there is definitely music for everyone’s tastes. A perfect use for this album would be when taking a road trip because all you have to do is pop it into your CD player and listen to plenty of great bands.