VAST

Belligerent

Greekus Urungus
Mar 15, 2006
The Low Low, IL
http://www.myspace.com/vast

Has anyone heard of this band? They seem to be relatively unknown. I'm getting back into them now. About 10 yrs ago I picked up their album with the hit "Touched" on it and thought it was pretty good but eventually forgot about them. I recently picked up the album Nude and it's really good stuff.
They sound like a blend of The Doors, Depeche Mode and a really DARK U2. They have a pretty dark vibe to them and do a fine job of creating it.

I'd say their sound shares more similarities with NIN than the bands you mention there (though VAST is more subtle), but yeah the self-titled album is really good.

I've been a huge fan since their first album, which they still have not surpassed. Music For People was OK, and since then Crosby has been moving toward more ballady, emotional rock. Nude is probably the pick of the recent albums. The stripped back sound works better than the overproduced Turqoise and Crimson.

I haven't heard that much of them (only a few songs). I thought it was pretty good but never really looked into them further. Two of my friends really like the band though. Maybe I'll barrow a CD off one of them.