Ved Buens Ende/Virus News

Crimson Death

El Basilisco
Jan 24, 2002
Israel
Einar (Virus drummer):

In a bizarre turn of events, Czral and Vicotnik/Mr. Fixit came up with the idea of merging the two bands. I kid you not. I am still not quite grasping the whole concept but the line-up will basically be the Virus one, plus Fixit. The material we have been writing for the second Virus album will thus be transformed into VBE songs and we will go from there writing material with Fixit. We are even talking about performing live when time allows, including both old VBE songs, Carheart material and of course new stuff. It's all very intriguing IMHO. I'm really excited to learn where all this is heading.

Pt 2:

The next release which was originally meant as a Virus album but now will probably be released under the VBE moniker, is gonna be different from both Written In Waters and Carheart, as much as those two albums differed from each other. Parts of the material is a lot darker than Carheart, yet more straight to the point. Some of it is almost abrasive like the more out there stuff on WiW. And some of it is like nothing I have ever heard. And we've only made very rough versions of about 6 tracks yet, so there's really no saying what it's all gonna end up like in the end. I am pretty sure it's not gonna be black metal nor rock, I really hope we can surpass any genre trappings this time. Either way, I'm really excited about the whole thing. And for the record, the line-up is and will remain Czral - guitars, vocals, Fixit/Vicotnik or what he's gonna call himself now - guitars, maybe some vocals, Plenum - bass and Esso (myself) - drums. Thank you for the compliment Tom Ass, I'll do my very best to fill Czral's undoubtedly sizely shoes, especially if we're gonna do some old VBE stuff live, I will not look at a stage before I feel confident about doing it 100%. And yeah, it's not as much playing it as creating it that is the hardest part.

Also related:

17/04/06: Ved Buens Ende have agreed to do an official LP version of "Those..." demo on LP with Kyrck Productions and also record a new track only for this release to make it special and state their comeback. This LP should be relased late autumn this year. About Strid we have also agreed a CD/LP deal with the band itself in 2 parts, first one should be the demo and 7" and second some tapes recorded by the bassist before he killed himself that will be rearranged by Vicotnic and also the 2 demos before they form Strid. This project will take a litle longer and perhaps also change forms but the outcome will be worth waiting. Notice since also Selbstmord has announced these titles some time ago be sure that this guy has NO authorization by the bands to do so and most of his spreading is just lies, so make sure if you have a label and get offered a licence for those titles to know what is going on.