VEHEMENCE - LAST NATHAN SHOW AT METAL DEVASTATION 2

VEHEMENCE

Helping The World To See
Jan 3, 2002
Phoenix, Arizona U.S.A.
www.myspace.con
FEBRUARY
VOCALIST NATHAN GEARHART'S LAST SHOW! COME FOR MAJOR SUPPORT FOR VEHEMENCE
WED - 23 - PHOENIX AZ - METAL DEVASTATION - (Vehemence w/ Kill The Last Hour / Red Tear Memory / Job for A Cowboy)
2942 N. 16TH St. Phoenix, AZ 85016 (Take Thomas, go up 16th St. and its on the left side, look for the Metal D logo sign) 8:00 PM / $8.00 at the door. SPREAD THE WORD FAST!​

feb23.jpg

I was there, bitches. Excellent show. The only fucked up thing was the lack of kick drum. I couldn't hear any of it.

Thanks for everyone that came out to this show, and thanks to all the bands that were supportive enough to do the show without sufficient pay. Next time there will be a well lit up place towards the back of the room where bands will sell their merchandise. After speaking with all of the bands, Metal Devastation proves to be a very worthy venue to have shows there.

Job For A Cowboy started the night, and I thought they really brutalized the place, they got a metalcore melodic vibe but with brutal vocals. They are all great guys to, they said they will be doing a summer tour with Kill The Last Hour. As young and as un experienced as they are, they are a band that draws, has good songs, and is a band to keep a watchful eye on.

Andalushia was the second band on this show; they got added on last min. So the flyers didn’t have them on it. They are a thrash band that have influences from Atheist/Cynic/ and Death. You can’t get any more thrash metal than these guys for sure. I’m helping them with their demo cd, but it is taking me a while to put some time aside for all the edits. So wait out for that.

Red Tear Memory has their own original sound down now. They put on a great live show, the bass player occasionally jumps of stage and has his fun. They are a band that reminds me of Dark Tranquility meets In Flames. The melodic scales they do are done very tightly. The drumming is superb and tight, and Jeremiah’s drum kit seems to have grown larger. I am sure this band can be picked up by Century Media, or any great label, after they do some extensive road work.

Kill The Last Hour went on, and they are basically a band that does their own thing, acts their own way, and perform very tightly. They have characteristics and tightness of Darkest Hour, Remembering Never, Hatebreed and Unearth. They are a band that tours U.S.A/CANADA without being on a label, only asking for $50.00 a show for a guarantee. I am impressed by their determination and road work and a label like Trustkill should pick them up right away.

Our set was pretty long like an hour and a half, I am not sure what our set list was, all I know is that I gotta figure that out so ZaoGhost and post the songs on their website. I believe the set list went like this, but not 100% sure. 2 songs we could have played more were Trinity Broadcasting, and The Last Fantasy of Christ but it was getting late. We ended it by 12:30 I believe. Very cool everyone chanted Nathan Nathan Nathan towards the end of our set. What was annoying was something was ungrounded, a 1/4 cabel was needed, which was creating a horrible buzz sound. Figures it had to be during our set. So Andy's triggers were going off and on. Reguardless ZaoGhost.com will pick the best songs that didnt have any of that mess. I met alot of new faces of the scene here, and thanks Marshall from Rebirth from showing up, he got fired from his job to come to our show.

Kill For God
Whore Cunt Die
We Are All Dying
By Your Bedside
Spirit of the Soldier
Made for Her Jesus
God Was Created
Her Beautiful Eyes
Darkness is Comfort
Christ I Fucking Hate You!

VEHEMENCE said:
Job For A Cowboy started the night, and I thought they really brutalized the place, they got a metalcore melodic vibe but with brutal vocals.
Word to that. They're very Dead To Fall meets Martyr AD.

VEHEMENCE said:
Andalushia was the second band on this show; You can’t get any more thrash metal than these guys for sure.
Ain't that the truth

VEHEMENCE said:
Red Tear Memory. They are a band that reminds me of Dark Tranquility meets In Flames. The melodic scales they do are done very tightly. The drumming is superb and tight, and Jeremiah’s drum kit seems to have grown larger.
I'd like to think Disillusion meets Gardenian. ;)
Drum kit is the same size as always.

VEHEMENCE said:
Kill The Last Hour went on. They have characteristics and tightness of Darkest Hour.
That's the Understatement of the year.

Good times all around.
There were so many friends there.
Those shows are always the funnest.

I was also suprised there were no fights.