Venom - "Hell"

i'm hardly offended :lol:

No but you had the right to be, my commentary was amusing to my taste but can perfectly offend someone else and I must set the example.

For the record I do like old Venom and "Metal Black" too and I consider them black metal along with Hellhammer/Celtic Frost, Bathory, Mercyful Fate and Possessed (more for the spirit than for the music style).

And I owned for awhile Impaled Nazarene "Suomi Finland Perkele", but as much as I tried to get into finally I couldn't bear it anymore and trade it. Like Carnut I can stand the vocals typical of the sub-genre and thus I'm not into it.

I'll buy it (the new album), though I can't get the song link to work. Anyway, Metal Black was at least OKAY, but I've liked Venom since Welcome To Hell, and I'm always ready for them to make a great album, no matter how many so-so ones they put out. For my part, Cast In Stone was a GREAT reunion. I don't know why more people don't like that album.

No but you had the right to be, my commentary was amusing to my taste but can perfectly offend someone else and I must set the example.

For the record I do like old Venom and "Metal Black" too and I consider them black metal along with Hellhammer/Celtic Frost, Bathory, Mercyful Fate and Possessed (more for the spirit than for the music style).

And I owned for awhile Impaled Nazarene "Suomi Finland Perkele", but as much as I tried to get into finally I couldn't bear it anymore and trade it. Like Carnut I can stand the vocals typical of the sub-genre and thus I'm not into it.

as far as old school BM i love MF, CF, bathory, even possessed is good... never cared much for venom or hellhammer.
i've only heard a little Impaled Nazarene and didn't care for it. as far as second wave BM bands i like, i dig: mayhem (eurnonymous era only); burzum; darkthrone; dimmu borgir, cradle of filth (first four albums only, the latter stuff is god awful), dissection, nokturnal mortum, etc.

BM and DM maybe do, but for the Doom Metal part I completely disagree. Bands like KRUX are amongst my favorits; Pure doom AND great clean vocals !!

And you have to check Count Raven, I just acquired their four albums lately. Very good Sabbath-based doom with a vocalist that reminds Ozzy incredibily.

And Krux kick ass, but then again most bands with Mats Leven on vocals do :saint:

Well I downloaded the album and it's really good (if you're a Venom fan or dig this type of metal). Not thrashy like "Metal Black" more in the sound of the first three or "Resurrection". Still is raw, unpolished, sloppy played (on purpose I belive) metal but the production has been refined since the 80's. I'm gonna get it as soon as available at reasonable prices.

I'm undecided. I love Black metal and Welcome to hell but this one was abit odd.
I like half the songs, but some of the others seem abit shit. And the clack-clack-clack double bass drumming annoys the shit outa me.

And the clack-clack-clack double bass drumming annoys the shit outa me.

I didn't noticed actually, but if it's so it would fit a black metal band, in this case a good one :D

I don't know why people hate "Metal Black" so much is a good thrash album for Venom standards. 'Antechrist', 'Regé Satanas' are good Venom songs. The new one is less thrashy still not in the vein of "Resurrection" or the early albums. I have listen to it a couple of times and click enough to be purchased, I guess I can listen to it more just tobe on the safe side.

Has anyone seen any physical copies of this album? Even the online stores that specialize in Metal don't even have this album listed in their catalogs, and it's not on iTunes. :mad:

Has anyone seen any physical copies of this album? Even the online stores that specialize in Metal don't even have this album listed in their catalogs, and it's not on iTunes. :mad:

No damn it, and I want it I do like the download a lot, the album is good IMO and Rage does a good guitar work compared to Mantas and Mykkus, reminds me of their NWOBHM roots but at the same time modern like "Resurrection" is not as thrashy as "Metal Black.

CD Universe has it really expensive and on backorder :mad:, Amazon has it very expensive in pre-order for August 12 :ill:. I keep checking at other sellers to see if I can get it sooner for less.