Venom - Metal Black

ElectricWiz

Steal Your Face
Feb 18, 2003
Visit site
For any of you sitting on the fence about getting Metal Black or not, I picked it up and am really digging it. It's really heavy, old-school, but updated Venom too. Personally I liked the reunion album Cast In Stone, and it's not altogether disimilar to that. That one got bad reviews for some reason I've never figured out - waaaaay better than Resurection. Anyway, there is some fat that could have been trimmed from Metal Black (it's 15 songs), but overall it's a very good record. Pretty much classic Venom, if that's your bag.:kickass:

Death Animal said:
good album but there is too many songs that shouldn´t be there.
like Teachers pet :erk:
All that aside, it's aces, black fuckin' metal! Love it, an absolute classic.:worship:

1 of the 3 CDs that I picked up on 4/4.

1 of the 2 CDs that I picked up on 4/4 that were good.

The sound on this album is a complete beast. I can see now why they had to stop recording because of Cronos's bass. :kickass:

(Reports came out from the recording sessions about the building being shaken apart from the low frequencies generated by Cronos's bass system.)

The guitar tone reminds me of early Venom, but the production has been honed to a razor so that it will cut your head off.

My copy it's on the way. I dig the preview I made it, nice thrash.