VENTING/ENERGY RELEASE MUSIC??

SavaVIDude

Savatage Fanatic
Sep 13, 2004
Houston, Texas, USA, Earth
I got one of those "questionaires" from my friend a few weeks ago and one of the questions was, "What do you do when you need to vent?". I realized mine:

Get in my car, roll the windowns and sun-roof down, crank up the stereo to 45 (it's got enough power - that's FULL BLAST) and listen to Disciples of the Lie by Iced Earth (track 3, Something Wicked). That pretty much does it!!

What about u??

Chris :headbang:

If i need to vent, i just call my worst employee into my office and go off on him, just kidding not really, but it is usually him that cause me to want to vent my anger, so on the way home I put in Mercenary "The Hours that Remain - Soul Decision" and let it rip.

OVERKILL!!! ...
violent069.gif

KoRn! :devil:

Honestly though, I haven't really done any vent listening in awhile. I used to play System of a Down a lot in college when I was in a bad mood. Their s/t album was great. Though I really love blasting stuff like Orphaned Land - El Norra Alila and Blind Stare when someone pulls up with their Linkin Park, Staind, etc stickers all over their car. Sadly with my iPod broken it's not quite as possible to quickly switch between artists.

Oddly enough, if I'm pissed off I don't need to put music in that's even going to piss me off even more! :lol: I go for more melodic, uplifting stuff like Jeff Scott Soto, Balance of Power, etc. I find that fantasy power metal stuff does the trick for me too like Blind Guardian, Freedom Call, Gamma Ray, etc. :kickass:

Pantera on the other hand is fantastic to lift weights to!

I usually work out any stress/frustrations at the gym, so I always make sure I've got Meshuggah on the iPod. Slayer's "Reign in Blood" is another that works well. I just crank the headphones and keep lifting weights until I'm too exhausted to think about whatever's bothering me. :lol:

I stopped listening to Pantera in the car because they were causing me to drive entirely too fast.

~C

Emperor, Gorgoroth, Immortal, Dimmu Borgir, Norther, Old Man's Child.....

In that order.....